• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update!! (now in) cannot get into my safe, battery terminal fell off inside

CostaRicaBound

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
I usually pull the 9V battery out of the port on the side of my safe and keep it apart from the safe. Tonight, as I went to plug it in (I have an older GunVault model, approx 21" wide x 60" tall x 18" deep, with the four-finger biometric pad on top) the little female end/port/receiver of the cord that attaches to the battery came unscrewed and fell off inside the safe.

This thing is bolted through the floor and wall from inside. It is also in a closet with barely an inch between the safe and the wall. I have no issue with cutting the wall away to get a better angle at that battery port hole, but then the problem I see is that the hole is only a 1/4" or so...getting the piece that fell off back up through the hole is brain-surgery skill level.

Help! What should I do? I don't believe the safe can be opened without the battery, as it required battery power to operate the keypad. You can see in the 3rd pic the hole that I'm referring to.
IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1080.JPG

Safecracka can open it for you , BUT I am thinking you will need a new safe when he gets it open , Pm him anyway maybe he can help or know someone who can

I'd see if I could run wires from the battery carrier to touch the broken terminals inside. Other than that, I'd probably be looking at a good saw blade. But I'm no expert.

"I usually pull the 9V battery out of the port on the side of my safe and keep it apart from the safe. Tonight, as I went to plug it in"

Do you normally leave the 9V battery unplugged? And then plug it in when you need to access the safe?

Back
Top Bottom