• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update!! (now in) cannot get into my safe, battery terminal fell off inside

Thats what I was thinking. Get a coat hanger and fish it inside for the wires. As was mentioned if you get the wires out I'd imagine you can just put a battery to them and that should power it.

Why did you not want to leave the battery installed?

No battery installed = another level of security. I see now, perhaps too secure.

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-62359.html

www.harborfreight.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_9df79b1015c653aff76ed1fcccd816eb7219.jpg

No battery installed = another level of security. I see now, perhaps too secure.
The only person the battery, or lack thereof, is keeping out of the safe is you.

If a thief is going to break into your safe, the battery being there is not going to help him. The battery not being there is also not going to stop him.

I usually pull the 9V battery out of the port on the side of my safe and keep it apart from the safe. Tonight, as I went to plug it in (I have an older GunVault model, approx 21" wide x 60" tall x 18" deep, with the four-finger biometric pad on top) the little female end/port/receiver of the cord that attaches to the battery came unscrewed and fell off inside the safe.

This thing is bolted through the floor and wall from inside. It is also in a closet with barely an inch between the safe and the wall. I have no issue with cutting the wall away to get a better angle at that battery port hole, but then the problem I see is that the hole is only a 1/4" or so...getting the piece that fell off back up through the hole is brain-surgery skill level.

Help! What should I do? I don't believe the safe can be opened without the battery, as it required battery power to operate the keypad. You can see in the 3rd pic the hole that I'm referring to.View attachment 1007372 View attachment 1007373 View attachment 1007374

Don't cut it, don't do anything yet..... call the manufacturer tomorrow. I'm sure they have run across this issue before they will probably tell you the best place to drill a little hole and pull the wire back through to get it open.

Before you go tearing your house apart, why not use some solid, but flexible wire with a hook formed on the end, to try and fish the wire back out. Ingenuity and a lot of patience could save you a lot of money.

I have used stripped house type copper wire as a "fishing" tool many times.

Good luck!!
I would Try this before doing something drastic what have you got to lose

Back
Top Bottom