• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update on me (41mag) -

Thank you all , once again for the prayers, well wishes and offers for assistance.
I am still having a tough time at memory and daily co-ordination but things do seem to be leveling off.

This stuff is taking a heck of a lot longer than I have the patience for but I have good folks around me who love me and are helping at every turn.
I still seem to do things and spout things I am unaware of, or forgetting stuff that happens within hours of it happening.
The docs are really trying to adjust things with different meds (mostly that I hate) . Patience was never one of my strong points, lol.
I feel very fortunate that I have such good people around me , there are a great many of them right here on this site that have done and are doing more for me than I deserve.
At this point I am not sure which is worse, the memory issues, the unstableness, not knowing the full problems or my impatience ! Lol.
Anyone wishing to contact me for updates, discussion, etc., may feel free to do so.
Don’t worry - if it gets out of bounds or out of control….I will say so . I am kind of blunt like this.

This place and definitely the people that it is comprised of is a flat miracle to some. At this point, it is a saving grace to me.

Thanks again ODT !!
Ken

Hey all !!
As most of you folks already know, I have been having more seizure issues the last couple weeks. Today I was actually able to read a few things and navigate the forum. I thought I would give a quick shout to all of you who have helped me.
This stuff seems to keep dragging on , I have lost a bunch of memory this time …. I know because I have spent hours looking at older posts and can’t remember writing them, commenting on, etc., This issue has been really extensive (?) this time around. I am not sure if that is the right adjective or not - LOL.
I have been communicating with a few of you folks and am very thankful and proud to have such great friends/ acquaintances/ neighbors/ etc., that have been looking out for me for a while now. You folks are tops and there is none like you as far as I know or care to know. There are folks here that have gone way above and beyond…. You know who you are and we are beyond thankful !!
As far as it goes now… they have me on another drug (that I hate) that is supposed to calm this stuff even more. It makes me feel like crap and sleep like crazy ! The Mrs has been making sure I take them though. Hopefully it will control them more than the last .
I am hoping memory will get better over time, this seems to be the worst “episodes” by far.

I just wanted to make a statement to kind of fill in info while I was aware of what I was doing !! (Bad joke)
Thank you all for what you have done and are doing , my wife and I appreciate it very much and cherish you all . Nothing beats good friendship and human kindness. This group is tops !
Feel free to hit me or her up anytime for info if you wish…. My brother also can fill in on info to some degree. I have also been communicating with a couple of the better known members as well . Providing my memory comes to a little better I should be back soon in full force, I hope !

Thank you all once again !!

Ken - 41MAG
Last week I had the first seizure I've had in 6 years because of complications with getting my medicine. Brutal but important reminder of what I've overcome and what medication is capable of. Message me if you ever need any advice or support because brother I've been there and it's very hard especially alone. Your optimism is a very good sign that you've got this.

Last week I had the first seizure I've had in 6 years because of complications with getting my medicine. Brutal but important reminder of what I've overcome and what medication is capable of. Message me if you ever need any advice or support because brother I've been there and it's very hard especially alone. Your optimism is a very good sign that you've got this.
Wow…that sucks. Thanks for the info, wrote you above about some stuff.
But damn ! 6 yrs then have another !!?? WOW

Do not underestimate the power of real personal contact. I have seen interactions with groups really help my mothers condition. I also saw the how insidious the Covid lockdowns were, especially to my mother. Try to interact with different people in person.

Hope this is helpful

At this point the worst thing is the memory issues I have had these last few rounds.
I hate this but I know some folks have had it worse and longer….so, they need just as much prayer and help , if not more, as far as I am concerned. 😊

I think finding the RIGHT/
CORRECT meds is a major key to this stuff. Staying on them regular basis is also important but finding the med that works is got to be the hardest part sometimes.
I am not sure how many I have been on now… 4 or 5 maybe. Then the quest for the dose that works too ??
it will take time but eventually, I hope it comes !! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom