• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE Thinking about buying a used boat.

keep a trickle charge on those batteries and disconnect the fuel line, or install a shut off, run it out when loading it on the trailer and you will be GTG. Only water close to me are reservoirs, trolling motor only, so, thats what I got. 15 hp Evinrude hardly ever gets put on it. But, with the camper and a boat, seems like I am always buying batteries, and I keep them charged and check water in them. Got a friend that has a place at Shellman Bluff. Check it out. Quaint marina and another ramp close by

Nice boat.

I have to say one thing though, having to pay to store your boat sucks donkey.
How secure is it? Mechanic has a code to the place, along with all the other renters.
How much do you trust people?
Have anything nice and expensive on there? You’re going to be lugging it to and from the place every time you use it.
That super nice trolling motor has to be charged in order to use it, does the storage space have power to charge your batteries? Or will you bring those heavy deep cycles home with you?
Catch a mess of fish for a fish fry? Does the place have water to clean the boat? Bait scales, fish blood
What are the hours of the storage place? Planning an early am trip, gotta get the boat the night before. Feel like taking a spur of the moment night trip, ain’t gonna happen.

What happens when all of this gets old on you? Second happiest day of boat ownership.

I will never have a boat where I have to pay to store it with so many risks and inconveniences. Unless it’s in a slip at a nice marina.

Nice boat.

I have to say one thing though, having to pay to store your boat sucks donkey.
How secure is it? Mechanic has a code to the place, along with all the other renters.
How much do you trust people?
Have anything nice and expensive on there? You’re going to be lugging it to and from the place every time you use it.
That super nice trolling motor has to be charged in order to use it, does the storage space have power to charge your batteries? Or will you bring those heavy deep cycles home with you?
Catch a mess of fish for a fish fry? Does the place have water to clean the boat? Bait scales, fish blood
What are the hours of the storage place? Planning an early am trip, gotta get the boat the night before. Feel like taking a spur of the moment night trip, ain’t gonna happen.

What happens when all of this gets old on you? Second happiest day of boat ownership.

I will never have a boat where I have to pay to store it with so many risks and inconveniences. Unless it’s in a slip at a nice marina.
The mech has a code that is attached to my account and is logged in and out every time he goes.
There are cameras all over so nothing happens that is not recorded. If you touch another person's boat you are seen. Lots of nice boats ($75,000 plus) with all kinds of goodies on them. No problems with theft.
There is running water available, plus a car hand wash that is tall enough to pull the boat into almost directly across the street.
Batteries will be set up so the electric motor battery is getting a charge when the outboard is running and I can also set it up on a trickle charge on sight.
I have access 24/7, 365.
Storage is less than a mile from a top quality bait and tackle store and about a mile from an excellent ramp on the lake.
$75.00 a month, which is a hell of a lot less than a slip at a nice marina.

So, not a lot to get old on me, unless it's actually fishing from the boat.

I actually did think about logistics and security before choosing the storage location. I had the storage before I got the boat.

I'm sitting on my houseboat for the weekend. We use it at least 30 weekends a month. Lots cheaper than a lake house.
Headed to the pontoon boat in a minute for a sunset cruise. You got to pay to play.
Haters gona hate.

The mech has a code that is attached to my account and is logged in and out every time he goes.
There are cameras all over so nothing happens that is not recorded. If you touch another person's boat you are seen. Lots of nice boats ($75,000 plus) with all kinds of goodies on them. No problems with theft.
There is running water available, plus a car hand wash that is tall enough to pull the boat into almost directly across the street.
Batteries will be set up so the electric motor battery is getting a charge when the outboard is running and I can also set it up on a trickle charge on sight.
I have access 24/7, 365.
Storage is less than a mile from a top quality bait and tackle store and about a mile from an excellent ramp on the lake.

I actually did think about logistics and security before choosing the storage location. I had the storage before I got the boat.
Just install a on board charger if you got a power hook up.get one big enough to put on your cranking also.you will drain it with electronics running all day.therefore every thing is ready when you are.

I have access 24/7, 365.

You are all set then! Congrats

I went with the biggest boat that would fit in my garage.

5555A189-F0F4-42E2-8612-DA15AECEB545.jpeg

Be safe and have fun out there.

You are all set then! Congrats

I went with the biggest boat that would fit in my garage.

View attachment 2151605

Be safe and have fun out there.
I'd love to keep mine at the house, but my palace has a 150 yard wooded driveway and no way to turn the rig around at the end. I could get it in, but then I'd never get it back out. I even have to unhook and hand move my utility trailer... on a hill.

I love my place in the woods, but that driveway is a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom