• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Updates on Changes

I say leave the dunce hat. The stated solution sounds like a snowflake fix so people don't get offended. I've gotten a few warnings here because someone got offended at something I've said, when in reality what I said was correct.

MODTGA

Could we clarify existing rules here also? Instead of just the changes?
For example, if someone gets a post deleted is that not a warning or point?

Not necessarily.

Why do same infractions sometimes get a warning vs a point or ban?

The first time a rule is broken it's a rules reminder, which carry 0 points. Subsequent occurences get warnings, which do carry points. Temporary bans occur when you accumulate enough points. 3 points = 1 day, 5 = 3 days, etc.

If someone gets a "hat" (temporary ban) then how can they post and you see the hat?
Just trying to understand...

While they're temp banned they can't post, but the hat is on their profile/avatar and so you'll see it on any previous posts that user has made.

Not necessarily.

The first time a rule is broken it's a rules reminder, which carry 0 points. Subsequent occurences get warnings, which do carry points. Temporary bans occur when you accumulate enough points. 3 points = 1 day, 5 = 3 days, etc.

While they're temp banned they can't post, but the hat is on their profile/avatar and so you'll see it on any previous posts that user has made.

Thank you.

In an effort to bring ODT together on our new symbol of naughtiness Okuma Okuma has been begging me to put something together (NOT)
But if y'all think I'm associated somehow with the site my random meme may get to stay... :) and... this makes my comment two lines... :)
Y'all will need to guess which one is the "perm ban" and which one is the "temp ban"...

perm_ban.jpg

temp_ban.jpg

YES @SafeCracka gingers are equally represented...:)

Back
Top Bottom