• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upgrades for a suppressed 10/22: $100 or less

I don't like the extended mag releases.
The factory standard Ruger system works fine with me. I'm not a tactical operator in combat, so I don't need to be lighting-fast with my mag swaps. I use the 10-round rotary mags for nearly all my Ruger 10/ 22 shooting.

A TRIGGER JOB is probably the best way to spend $50-$100 on improving your 10/22.

A barrel is often the weak link in many rifles' accuracy. But they're probably more than a $100 upgrade. What barrel does your Ruger have right now?
Did you get a factory 10/22 barrel threaded, or did you go with some aftermarket barrel?

As far as accuracy improvement goes, you probably can't get a good quality barrel for $100, so I'd consider this, UNLESS you know that your existing barrel is already very accurate (1 m.o.a. with match ammo from bench rest).

Have a gunsmith tighten the chamber of your existing barrel. He can grind off a few hundreths of an inch from the back end, ream the chamber with a match-chamber cutting tool, and then modify the barrel shank to let it sit deeper into the action, giving the same effective overlap with the receiver as it had. But now you'll have less free bore, and at least the forward end of the chamber will be tight. A gunsmith should be able to do this for $100 or so.

IF YOUR BARREL IS GOOD, then next upgrade I'd consider is the stock.

Not for performance, but just for comfort. Can you get a Hogue Overmolded stock?
How about some slimmer polymer stock with a more pronounced pistol grip or wrist area?
Maybe a side-folder? Thumbhole? Dragunov-type skeletonized buttstock?
I prefer just about anything to the fat clumsy wood on my factory 10/22.

All stock, so no poly bolt buffer. Got a link?

I prefer the kidd style. Metal rod covered in thick rubber. The polymer ones wear out quicker.

Do the auto bolt release mod. It's not suppressor specific, just something all 10-22s need.

Tech sights if you like irons.

I've seen the bx25 triggers for $50, great for the price. I do not care for the volquartsen replacement hammer. Brimstone gunsmithing does great trigger work for a reasonable price but you have to send your trigger in.

An aftermarket bolt with a pinned firing pin can help get the most accuracy out of your factory barrel. I got one from rough creek traders for I think $70.

get a bx trigger and the poly bolt. Thats all i have done to my integral. My wife calls it the giggle gun cause you just cant help but giggle like a little girl when you shoot it for the first time
20160616_094418-jpg.806156

Just curious, what brand barrel/suppressor? I have one of the Gemtechs coming in a few more months (I hope).

Another way to make a 10/22 more "fun" with $100 (these don't really involve suppressor use, though)

1.) BMF Activator-- a trigger crank device that pokes your trigger 4 times per full revolution. I've had two of these over the years, and they work great. I can get about 700 rounds / minute cyclic rate. (You may have to file / grind / sand the unit to get it to fit your rifle's trigger guard). http://www.cabelas.com/product/BMF-Activator/707343.uts $20.

2.) Bipod. ---
Nothing fancy, but legs that are quick-adjustable for various (and uneven) heights would be great.
Here's one for $20. You'll need to screw or glue a section of Picatinny rail to your fore-end for this to attach to.
tps://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/bipod-universal-tactical-sniper-9-11-leapers-utg-adjustable-pivots-picatinny-rail-and-sling-swivel-attachment-4715643990125.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

3.) 25-round magazines-- A couple of these should finish off your $100 bill.
These BX-25 mags are Ruger originals, and they can be jungle-clipped together (one upside down) for 50 rounds at your fingertips.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Ruge...34095080&CQ_search=10%252f22+magazine&CQ_st=b
Cost for both is $60.

You can get BX-50 (2 of BX-25 mags screwed together) for $30. Check out botach.com
I have a factory target 10/22 with a hammer-forged bull barrel. Dobbs threaded it for me. He mentioned that steel was pretty tough. Very accurate barel.
I kept the factory reccessed mag release, but glued a tiny rubber draw bumper, from a kitchen cabinet. Can't see it, but makes mag release much easier.
Have a bipod that just hangs on the front sling stud. Works great.
Still have the factory laminated target stock. Very comfy.
CCI standard velocity and Gemtech supressor ammo are my go to bulk supressor rounds.

Back
Top Bottom