• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upgrades for a suppressed 10/22: $100 or less

1. Bolt Buffer - cheap and reduces noice. I like the Kidd
2. Upgraded trigger - the BX is the cheapest way out and usually $55 or so online
3a. Auto bolt release
3b. Upgraded V-Block

All is this with the notion that the barrel is already threaded

When you get funds replenished:
4. Have the bolt worked over ($59 or so) or buy a Kidd ($100). Will help with accuracy and consistency
5. Barrel. For the price, the Stocky's 16 groove barrels are fantastic - https://www.stockysstocks.com/micro...tainless-with-or-without-threaded-muzzle.html - no need to go over 16.5 inches for the vast majority of applications
6. Stock - My ideal choice would be the Titan.

1. Bolt Buffer - cheap and reduces noice. I like the Kidd
2. Upgraded trigger - the BX is the cheapest way out and usually $55 or so online
3a. Auto bolt release
3b. Upgraded V-Block

All is this with the notion that the barrel is already threaded

When you get funds replenished:
4. Have the bolt worked over ($59 or so) or buy a Kidd ($100). Will help with accuracy and consistency
5. Barrel. For the price, the Stocky's 16 groove barrels are fantastic - https://www.stockysstocks.com/micro...tainless-with-or-without-threaded-muzzle.html - no need to go over 16.5 inches for the vast majority of applications
6. Stock - My ideal choice would be the Titan.
Sorry for the hijack, but what does the upgraded V-block do? Honest question, I don't know.

Sorry for the hijack, but what does the upgraded V-block do? Honest question, I don't know.

Will lock down the barrel better. They are beefier, wider, and machined to better tolerances. Some are "adjustable" in the fact that they have a set screw that contacts the barrel. Great if using the stock ruger barrel receiver as their tolerances are not very tight anymore and the barrel slips right in and out of the receiver with some play. Also good when free floating a barrel.

Will lock down the barrel better. They are beefier, wider, and machined to better tolerances. Some are "adjustable" in the fact that they have a set screw that contacts the barrel. Great if using the stock ruger barrel receiver as their tolerances are not very tight anymore and the barrel slips right in and out of the receiver with some play. Also good when free floating a barrel.
Makes sense, thanks for the reply. I'm trying to build a factory class ABRA competition rifle and I'm always on the lookout for tips like this.
OP, you're getting some good advice here. I can't wait till my stamp comes in, my rifle is ready to go.

Makes sense, thanks for the reply. I'm trying to build a factory class ABRA competition rifle and I'm always on the lookout for tips like this.
OP, you're getting some good advice here. I can't wait till my stamp comes in, my rifle is ready to go.

I have learned the hard way to just start from scratch on 10/22's. The upgrades are endless and I just threw out too much money buying a stock 10/22 and slowly changing everything out. I currently have 1 that started complete stock and changed everything except the receiver, another that I started with a Ruger receiver, and another that I started with a Kidd.

IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2218.JPG
I'm stock as far as "suppression" upgrades go. Minus the bolt buffer I do have that. Seems to keep it more quiet but honestly....she's been whisper quiet since the beginning. Got a Sig SDP22 can on it.

This will keep your fingers clean when you start blazing through 25-round mags. LOL I've never tried one myself, but it's on the top of my "want list" right now.

I got suckered in on one. Saves some time on the 25+ round mags, but still have to pay attention.

I have learned the hard way to just start from scratch on 10/22's. The upgrades are endless and I just threw out too much money buying a stock 10/22 and slowly changing everything out. I currently have 1 that started complete stock and changed everything except the receiver, another that I started with a Ruger receiver, and another that I started with a Kidd.
You are correct on starting from scratch. This particular rifle I can only do certain upgrades to and still be in the factory class. If I were to build one for unlimited class, I'd start with something like the Kidd reciever and build on to that.

Back
Top Bottom