• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPS

UPS refused to ship a rifle to another GA resident today despite what there website says. The only reason I got was "My boss says I can't" Anyone run into this. They have shipped for me in the past. Did something change? I am calling corporate tomorrow to have a talk with someone who knows more about the companys policies and procedures; after I use another shipping service of course. I have spent thousands of dollars with their company and this just sort of rubbed me the wrong way today.

sarcastic tone insert here ---------> You just get your A$$ in gear and get my d@mn AK to me!! haha!! <-----sarcastic tone end here

go with USPS, it's probably cheaper in the long run anyway should be about $15 or less

Yeah, cost me $25 today, was $11 for shipping and $14 for insurance of $1200. I had to prove my point today, but they finally did take it.

They told me I had to take it to the hub, and I had to use Next Day Air. The NDA was because of their issues with security? I hate UPS; they always have an attitude.

Dudes...wait til you work for em. You'll see all this BS they pull x12. UPS is a terrible company, they really are. They overcharge, they're rough with your packages, doesn't matter if it says fragile or whatever on it..it's going to get thrown/kicked/punched/stabbed/shot/pissed on..whatever you can imagine someone could do with a box. Plus the union was all for voting Obama..need I say more? Go USPS, even if they are gov't, at least they're the only ones watching out for your wallets

Last edited:
I keep saying this... UPS stores in Cumming refuse to ship anything to do with firearms. They insist you take it to a "Real" UPS hub....

It ain't just the Cumming store it's ALL UPS stores. UPS stores used to be Mailboxes Etc., they are franchised stores and not owned by UPS. UPS policy is that they will only accept firearms shipments at a UPS Hub location which are run by UPS corporate.

Last edited:
Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS

* Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup®, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note: Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via, UPS Drop Boxes, UPS On-Call PickupSM, or at locations of The UPS Store® or any third party retailer.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html

The main problem are the personnel there not knowing the law or procedures, but then again you get that everywhere. They had to pull out their operating manual today at USPS. You should have seen the ladies eyes today when I told her there was a firearm in the box. She actually started backing up!! Like it was gonna jump up and git her!!

Back
Top Bottom