• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPS

I didn't even try the store I know they aren't able to.

I used the UPS "store" in monroe, they knew it was a firearm since it was in a Remington box, however I was shipping mine to a bussiness. It shipped ground, and took three days according to my tracking number

Bring it to the hub boxed,use "sporting goods" for description . Insure your desired value and ship,if it gets lost your golf clubs carry insurance.

Try to ship a pistol back to the manufacturer. Fed Ex want close to $60 overnight from S. GA to Miami, took it to my FFL, and he shipped it for $15 Fed Ex standard. He said he never ships overnight, even though it is there policy to keep it in the system as little time as possible, he doesn't tell them what is in the package. I had a guy refused shipment of a barrel at USPS, which is in clear violation of the their policies. Always have a copy of USPS and UPS shipping policies when shipping, usually fairly cheap to ship in Georgia via USPS, especially on small packages, the minimum to ship UPS is $10, no matter what with the fuel surcharge.

go with USPS, it's probably cheaper in the long run anyway should be about $15 or less

USPS requires that it be shipped to an FFL, regardless if it is in state or not.

WOW... I have never had anyone from UPS refuse a gun package from me. I have not disclosed what the object in the pre packaged box was, unless asked, even then, I gave as open of an answer as I could have. the less they know, the better. All they need to know is there is a package that you need insured for an amount from $200 - $2000.

Bring it to the hub boxed,use "sporting goods" for description . Insure your desired value and ship,if it gets lost your golf clubs carry insurance.

As for Sully and Kman, I feel obligated to inform you that if you do this, you are violating Federal Law. You are REQUIRED to inform a contract carrier (UPS, FedEx) that you are shipping a firearm.

Please take the time to read the Federal laws as well as the policies of the contract carriers and USPS before you attempt to ship. If you keep your cool and discuss the issue in terms of the actual policies with the employees, it will go a long way towards helping change the attitudes of the employees.

Back
Top Bottom