• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Urban Meyer Quits Again

Competition and winning are in their DNA and I can't see him sitting at home watching games for long.
Well then if he holds true to his form..........His next stop will be the Pac 12
smiley_abused.gif

That's using "17 seasons" as a bench mark. By the time Saben (who sits at 185 right now) is done Meyer's 186 will be a distant second....Just saying

Yes, I agree also. Seems like Urban is a lot younger than Lou.
Based on 17 years, 186 wins is almost 11 wins per season. Some wise and $$$ smart AD could find enough $$$ booster support to lure/pay him into a 8-10 million annual contract. Auburn has a cash rich foolish history and any 'want to be' power 5 schools thinking they could have Big 10/SEC type program could find the big bucks for Meyer tomorrow. AD's every where drool to expand booster supported seating to 100K plus fan base.

When he was at Florida, he would have chest pain after almost every game. One year (I believe) they cardiac cathed him three times.
He's a good coach, and is unquestionably successful, but it seems the pressure seems to get the best of him.

Yes, I agree also. Seems like Urban is a lot younger than Lou.
Based on 17 years, 186 wins is almost 11 wins per season. Some wise and $$$ smart AD could find enough $$$ booster support to lure/pay him into a 8-10 million annual contract. Auburn has a cash rich foolish history and any 'want to be' power 5 schools thinking they could have Big 10/SEC type program could find the big bucks for Meyer tomorrow. AD's every where drool to expand booster supported seating to 100K plus fan base.

No doubt, Auburn would LOVE to get this guy, but I was on a road trip yesterday, listening to a pretty good sports show on the radio, and it sounds to me like Urban is serious here.
Also, Auburn has beau-coup bucks tied up in Malzan, and unless they can coerce him into quitting (as it looks like they're trying to do), they're stuck having to pay him mega-millions, if they fire him. Also, they made a good point about Meyer being a 100% Buckeye, that the place wasn't just a job, it's who he is. the stint at Florida was just about them bringing in a hired gun to turn the program around, he never had long term intentions there. These radio guys made and backed up a good case that if he's not at Ohio, he's very likely not interested in coaching anywhere else. (though i could see Auburn, with the obvious challenge and drama involved there, really grabbing his attention.....as well as everyone else's.)

Back
Top Bottom