• Suspension

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Slap on the wrist from... THE.... Ohio State University

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Tacos (and everything including dirt) > Buckeyes

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that's an interesting point. What would the reaction be from the faithful if this was Saban?.. Hmmm...
Course despite being evil inarnate, Saban's not an idiot, so we'll never know.
I don't know Saban did try and get the girlfriend beater Jonathon Taylor on the team.

JWC JWC and GeauxLSU GeauxLSU obviously you two didn't READ what I said, I said there is a thing called DUE PROCESS, Until the restraining order (for trespassing) came out there were NO charges and nothing legal that would justify termination, Smith went to the Police and gave a statement and once again NO charges. The AD pulled Smith off of a recruiting trip in 2015 so Urban DID what he was supposed to and told his Boss but you guys still want him to loose his job thats where the Gurley comparison came in. Nobody was screaming for Mark's job at the time.

If somebody were to lose their job just because a spouse or ex-spouse made an unsubstantiated claim how many people on this site would be out of work. Once a month somebody's having a fire sale and all of the internet lawyers come out to take the members side as soon as he says "she said I did this, but I didn't"

What you guys fail to realize there are 3 sides to the story, Her's, His and the truth. Smith was smart and said he wasn't given his side until he was under oath in a court room.

Redx,
Damn, where did I say in my post I want him to lose his job? I even said I believed he would be coaching the first game. I read your post, but dismissed it because you kept citing due process. Due process applies to the law of the land. The wife beater was reported three times before he lost his job without due process. Why? Due process doesn't factor into the rules of the university. You don't have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job or your pay. That is why football players can be suspended from playing without due process. I worked a job where I would be fired for getting a DUI. Even if I proved the DUI was fraudulent, I would not be rehired. Unfair, probably, but it was in the rules of employment. Title IX infractions, or the hint of Title IX infractions can get you fired. Get the Big Ten bias out of your mind and you will be able to see the difference. Due process is the law of the land. The university has other rules that must be adhered to if you want to continue to have a job.

Based completely on the reports coming out, I don't believe Myer will miss a game. If he in fact followed university procedure, which he has stated he did, I can't see how the university can justify suspending him or firing him, for lying to the press. So far, from what I have read, that may be his only questionable action. The DUI against the wife beater might become an issue if Myer knew about that and did not report it, but again, who knows what the school will find while digging around.

Based completely on the reports coming out, I don't believe Myer will miss a game. If he in fact followed university procedure, which he has stated he did, I can't see how the university can justify suspending him or firing him, for lying to the press. So far, from what I have read, that may be his only questionable action. The DUI against the wife beater might become an issue if Myer knew about that and did not report it, but again, who knows what the school will find while digging around.
You may be right but lying about something like that you'd assume would be something the university does not want to appear to condone. They open against Oregon State. Oregon State who went 1-11 and 0-9 in the conference. Suspend him for the first game. Thereby "doing something" but risking nothing.

Reactions: JWC
You may be right but lying about something like that you'd assume would be something the university does not want to appear to condone. They open against Oregon State. Oregon State who went 1-11 and 0-9 in the conference. Suspend him for the first game. Thereby "doing something" but risking nothing.
I honestly think him not being there for camp is a bigger punishment and hurdle to overcome than not being on the sideline for 1 game.

Back
Top Bottom