• Suspension

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Slap on the wrist from... THE.... Ohio State University

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Tacos (and everything including dirt) > Buckeyes

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You may be right but lying about something like that you'd assume would be something the university does not want to appear to condone. They open against Oregon State. Oregon State who went 1-11 and 0-9 in the conference. Suspend him for the first game. Thereby "doing something" but risking nothing.
not to derail but DANG - they scheduled Oregon State? Maybe the other OSU was decent when the contract was made?

Now that's an interesting point. What would the reaction be from the faithful if this was Saban?.. Hmmm...
Course despite being evil incarnate, Saban's not an idiot, so we'll never know.

I am an Alabama fan but I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Saban would push a grandma down a flight of stairs to increase his chances of winning a game. I would be surprised if he got caught shoving her though. As far as the fans go, no one wants to go back to losing to Hawaii in a bowl game. That really hurt.

Reactions: JWC
For crying out loud. That boy has got some serious issues... :tsk:
This still doesn't implicate Urban.

Agreed but it does keep adding straws to the pile. What kind of culture do you have that let's an assistant do this kind of stuff? Nobody would pull this stuff under Saban, Smart, Richt, etc.

The report from the university is due tomorrow. I guess we will see what we will see tomorrow. I will say again, unless the university found out that Meyer did not follow required university protocol, I don't see how they can suspend or fire him. Lying to the press, while embarrassing, should not be a reason for suspension or firing.

Well, Ohio State issued a statement, and suspended Meyer for 3 games. The the AD was suspended without pay for about two weeks.

"Although neither Urban Meyer nor Gene Smith condoned or covered up the alleged domestic abuse by Zach Smith, they failed to take sufficient management action relating to Zach Smith's misconduct and retained an assistant coach who was not performing as an appropriate role model for OSU student-athletes," the university said in a statement.

I must say, I am surprised. From what I read, it seems the two are being punished for keeping the wife beater on the payroll, not for a cover up or failure to report. No mention of lying to the press.

Well, Ohio State issued a statement, and suspended Meyer for 3 games. The the AD was suspended without pay for about two weeks.

I must say, I am surprised. From what I read, it seems the two are being punished for keeping the wife beater on the payroll, not for a cover up or failure to report. No mention of lying to the press.

And why should there be mention of lying to the press? You do know that coaches LIE to the press EVERYDAY don't you?

Press conference: Reporter "Coach , who's your starting Quarterback?" Coach: "I don't know" Saban and Kirby Smart have both done this KNOWING who the quarterback was going to be. Is it a big deal? Not to me but its still a "Lie".

The Press is not a court room or senate hearing, you can't get convicted of Perjury for "making a false statement to the media" Its just like the media slamming President Trump about "Lying" to them. People need to start telling reporters to eat a bag of "that chain store that stopped selling AR15s".

And why should there be mention of lying to the press? You do know that coaches LIE to the press EVERYDAY don't you?

Press conference: Reporter "Coach , who's your starting Quarterback?" Coach: "I don't know" Saban and Kirby Smart have both done this KNOWING who the quarterback was going to be. Is it a big deal? Not to me but its still a "Lie".

The Press is not a court room or senate hearing, you can't get convicted of Perjury for "making a false statement to the media" Its just like the media slamming President Trump about "Lying" to them. People need to start telling reporters to eat a bag of "that chain store that stopped selling AR15s".
Because lying about game strategy and lying to cover up criminal activity by a staffer are the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom