• Suspension

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Slap on the wrist from... THE.... Ohio State University

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Tacos (and everything including dirt) > Buckeyes

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must say, I am surprised. From what I read, it seems the two are being punished for keeping the wife beater on the payroll, not for a cover up or failure to report. No mention of lying to the press.
Seems appropriate though as mentioned I was thinking one game. I think the details just got too salacious. Vegas was right again. Seriously, how do they do it?
I assume this is withOUT pay?
2 other people in the poll got it correct. One cookie for us.

Because lying about game strategy and lying to cover up Alleged criminal activity by a staffer are the same thing?

fixed it for you. Im not 100% defending Smith, he seems like a d-bag but with the police NOT pressing charges on "Multiple" calls, HER parents saying she is Lying and out to get him (Probably because of seeing the pics that have been brought up the past week) i will pass judgement when this goes to court at the end of the month.

Well, the 'tell the head coach',"black mail the head coach and his family first" barn door is now fully open and public.
(But the head coach didn't hit me, he just hired my husband] said another coaches wife! …..long before calling 911. $$$$

fixed it for you. Im not 100% defending Smith, he seems like a d-bag but with the police NOT pressing charges on "Multiple" calls, HER parents saying she is Lying and out to get him (Probably because of seeing the pics that have been brought up the past week) i will pass judgement when this goes to court at the end of the month.
Organizations take actions on allegations all the time. If they don't, they wind up looking like self serving dbags.

According to the released report,
A: I was wrong the pics happened after the divorce
B: Shelley Meyer contacted the Powell police after getting the Smith Texts and after talking to the Police (who did the investigation) had doubts about the "Veracity" of Smith.
C: They DID comment on his comments at media days

If this wasn't Urban Meyer, Nobody here would give a Damn, you guys are just mad from his days at Florida. I don't remember seeing anything here about the Tennessee Sex abuse scandal, the Baylor Scandal, Etc, etc.

According to the released report,
A: I was wrong the pics happened after the divorce
B: Shelley Meyer contacted the Powell police after getting the Smith Texts and after talking to the Police (who did the investigation) had doubts about the "Veracity" of Smith.
C: They DID comment on his comments at media days

If this wasn't Urban Meyer, Nobody here would give a Damn, you guys are just mad from his days at Florida. I don't remember seeing anything here about the Tennessee Sex abuse scandal, the Baylor Scandal, Etc, etc.
This actually isn't about Smith....
Urban is the second most well known coach in the country coaching one of the most popular orograms. The fact it's getting press is shocking. /s
Did you attend OSU or UF?

It appears that Ohio State took a stand on the number of reports of erratic behavior, violating court order, pics of his anatomy, DUI, along with the reports of wife abuse, that Smith should have been terminated long before his July termination. Since Ohio State did not find that the AD or Meyer did anything wrong from a procedure standpoint, and they were willing to overlook the fact that Meyer lied, but not intentionally, why are the AD and Meyer being suspended without pay?
I am not a fan of Meyer. I believe trouble follows coaches because those coaches allow either bring or allow trouble, but that is my opinion. Ohio State found that Meyer did nothing wrong, but suspended him anyway. In my opinion, Meyer and the AD should have either been fired, or nothing should have happened. Heck, players that got tattoos received a 5 game suspension. This is a perfect example of a high profile university trying to cover their ass in the public view. This is not an isolated example, just the latest.

Back
Top Bottom