• Suspension

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Slap on the wrist from... THE.... Ohio State University

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Tacos (and everything including dirt) > Buckeyes

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It appears that Ohio State took a stand on the number of reports of erratic behavior, violating court order, pics of his anatomy, DUI, along with the reports of wife abuse, that Smith should have been terminated long before his July termination. I will say this seriously, since Ohio State did not find that the AD or Meyer did anything wrong from a procedure standpoint, and they were willing to overlook the fact that Meyer did not intentionally lie, why are the AD and Meyer being suspended without pay?
I am not a fan of Meyer. I believe trouble follows coaches because those coaches allow either bring or allow trouble, but that is my opinion. Ohio State found that Meyer did nothing wrong, but suspended him anyway. In my opinion, Meyer and the AD should have either been fired, or nothing should have happened. Heck, players that got tattoos received a 5 game suspension. This is a perfect example of a high profile university trying to cover their ass in the public view. This is not an isolated example, just the latest.
If they fired him the blind faithful would have burned the campus down. Plus it just doesn't warrant that. If they did nothing, some mommas might not let their babies go there. It was a compromise. First 2 teams aren't even ranked and third is #16 TCU. It's a risk reward thing. They are risking nothing and saving a fair amount of face.
The perennially most over ranked school in div 1 will be fine. (Ok, that's unfair to Notre Dame.)

27EC37EF-797A-403E-8406-84AB4175FE1C.png
At that salary I’m sure he will be ok for 3 games watching from a press box with headphones telling the assistants what to do.

This actually isn't about Smith....
Urban is the second most well known coach in the country coaching one of the most popular orograms. The fact it's getting press is shocking. /s
Did you attend OSU or UF?

I went to THE Ohio State University. and you talk about over ranked? When was the last time LSU won a championship, conference or national?

Organizations take actions on allegations all the time. If they don't, they wind up looking like self serving dbags.

if that's the case why did I receive a warning for a post informing the members here of a member who was ARRESTED and CHARGED with Felony (fake permit) gun purchases from other members here? (public call out) it was to save face and not make the ODT look bad.

I accept your resignation as a MOD effective immediately

if that's the case why did I receive a warning for a post informing the members here of a member who was ARRESTED and CHARGED with Felony (fake permit) gun purchases from other members here? (public call out) it was to save face and not make the ODT look bad.

mods are always right and have never made a mistake ,ask em.

Seems appropriate though as mentioned I was thinking one game. I think the details just got too salacious. Vegas was right again. Seriously, how do they do it?
I assume this is withOUT pay?
2 other people in the poll got it correct. One cookie for us.
i wish he had taught my kids to lie! then i would have a excuse for the lying!

I went to THE Ohio State University. and you talk about over ranked? When was the last time LSU won a championship, conference or national?
Lol. Imagine my shock! :pound:
It's been 10 years for LSU. Funny you should bring that up. :lol: 2 weeks prior to the championship they were ranked #5 and it took a miracle for them to go to that game. Yet they won. I'm trying to remember who LSU played. Seems to me it was the team that spent more weeks ranked #1 than any other team. Who was that?....
Ummm. LSU sucks. They are appropriately, and barely, ranked and probably won't be after their first game. You did read OVER ranked right? Or are you simply vehemently agreeing that OSU is always over ranked? If so, high five!
OSU has ONE top 10 team on their schedule and it is #10 PSU. I hope they can survive that "gauntlet". What's OSU's bowl record against SEC teams again? "Big" Ten. Bless their hearts! :lol:

Come on if the same thing happened at UGA would they fire Kirby? Hell No they would not.
There is no question I am a fan of UGA. However, if there was an issue at UGA where they found that the coach did nothing wrong, from a procedural standpoint, I would hope that the coach not be punished. Again, if Ohio State found nothing wrong, why suspend Meyer and the AD? I have not read the full report from Ohio State.

Since it wasn't me I have no idea. But since public call outs aren't allowed I'm guessing that's why. In such a situation a post in the private forum or PM to staff is best.

Back
Top Bottom