• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

URBAN NIGHT NAVIGATION DOWNTOWN ATL ON FOOT.

A good HL's usefulness to weight ratio makes it well worth dumping something else out of your pack. It could open up new doors for you. Again to the river..
You and yours could borrow a canoe and make way down river mid night. Maybe 3 guys w gear in a canoe is not ideal. And you dont want to swim with your gear (by the way you need to line the inside of your small pack with a drybag). You could make it if the guy in the front had a good light to spot check the river. Otherwise, that much weight wouldnt even make it down the hooch at night without swimming.
You could go 30+ mps down hills on borrowed bikes? Cant do that with a handheld.

I WILL AGREE WITH YOU THAT EVERY INCIDENT WILL HAVE IDEAL GEAR BUT THE TRICK IS MAKING/BUILDING A EVERYDAY BAG THAT DOES NOT WEIGHT 250 LBS. AS IN OUR URBAN NIGHT NAVIGATION PART 1 I WAS HURTING FOR SURE. THIS WAS ONLY A 33 LBS PACK SO I HAVE SINCE CHANGED UP MY GEAR LIST TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING NOW HAS MORE THEN ONE USE. I LOVE THESE DISCUSSIONS FOR SURE, I LOVE TO SEE IDEAS FROM OTHER ANGLES AND OUT SIDE THE BOX.

OHH YEAH IF THIS WERE REAL INCIDENT WROL I WOULD BE "BORROWING" SEVERAL ITEMS TO GET OUT OF THE CITY WITH. LOL

CAN YOU POST YOUR BAGS CONTENTS?

ALSO WHAT KIND OF BAG YOUR USING?

That was usually a medium size light weight Solomon pack. Dry bag for a liner. Drain holes in the bottom of the pack. Carry some water, but not too much. Like 40ish ounces for that trip. Water gets heavy. Replace the weight from some of that water with a lightweight water filter and get used to using it . Sawyer makes a great lightweight filter now. Maybe add a small bottle iodine water treatment but not necessary if you have the filter.
One pair extra sox.
Gortex jacket. Hat. Gloves. Add one fleese top in cold weather.
No other clothes. Just wear the right stuff to begin with.
Very minimal first aid kit. Medical tape, gaws pads, tube of Vaseline which will save your feet if you pack it on heavy under your sock.
Maybe some butterfly closures. Small tube of chamois cream/bud butter. You can find it at any Cycling shop. This will save your cheeks. Nothing worse than chafing.
We would've carried a very small stove made out of a cut can and some alcohol tabs. Add tea bags and you can make yourself a hot drink under the bridge.
Food; maybe 1 pound of trail mix, half pound of a fatty meat like salami, you'll want the fat when you finally get a really hungry.
A few power bars that work with your belly.
We were usually carrying a single hat and gloves.
Knife.
Primary headlamp with extra battery. Maybe a small secondary light if you like.
That was from memory. Did I miss anything? That should be well under 20 pounds. Add your weapon.
No wrappers, tags, or packaging or any of the stuff. All loose packed inside to dry bag.
Some food and water bottles can be on the outside.
Whatever shoes you wear normally and are comfortable in.
If you're with a buddy, you can split some stuff that you only need one out between the two of you. Like the water filter or first aid kit.
From memory, I think that was it. We would've carried a little bit more junk that you don't need like flares, signal mirrors..

That Pack would be totally waterproof. You could throw it in the lake and use it for flotation to swim across. Good ol days

This may be the best thread ever.

If you are ITP in any sort of a serious event, on foot, your asses are dead.

(Yo, dawg... What have we here?? Some damn homeboys trying to compass dey asses arount dis ****? I got sumfin for dat.... And it ain't no compass.)

Seriously.

If you are anywhere near downtown when the EBT system goes down and the stores are empty, better save the last one for yourself.

This may be the best thread ever.

If you are ITP in any sort of a serious event, on foot, your asses are dead.

(Yo, dawg... What have we here?? Some damn homeboys trying to compass dey asses arount dis ****? I got sumfin for dat.... And it ain't no compass.)

Seriously.

If you are anywhere near downtown when the EBT system goes down and the stores are empty, better save the last one for yourself.

Reading this post, seems like a more likely outcome. Snowflake Survival duo would probably be mobbed, robbed and beaten for their weapons and pack contents.

Second thoughts...
Perhaps a better urban GHB would contain items like:
Small, concealable gun and extra ammo
Medium size concealable knife
Small flashlight
Dirty worn/torn/loose-fitting clothes
Worn-out looking comfortable shoes
Small sealed containers of dirt, grease, beer, foul smelling liquid (your urine?) for rubbing onto clothing and self
City map
Heavy duty ziplok freezer bag large enough to contain watch, ring, wallet, anything personal that someone might think they want. Hide it well and hope you live to retrieve someday.
Try to look homeless and beaten down by the world when anyone is observing you. Head down, mumble, shuffle, no eye contact.

Crazy?? Genius??

Back
Top Bottom