• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

URBAN NIGHT NAVIGATION DOWNTOWN ATL ON FOOT.

Reading this post, seems like a more likely outcome. Snowflake Survival duo would probably be mobbed, robbed and beaten for their weapons and pack contents.

Second thoughts...
Perhaps a better urban GHB would contain items like:
Small, concealable gun and extra ammo
Medium size concealable knife
Small flashlight
Dirty worn/torn/loose-fitting clothes
Worn-out looking comfortable shoes
Small sealed containers of dirt, grease, beer, foul smelling liquid (your urine?) for rubbing onto clothing and self
City map
Heavy duty ziplok freezer bag large enough to contain watch, ring, wallet, anything personal that someone might think they want. Hide it well and hope you live to retrieve someday.
Try to look homeless and beaten down by the world when anyone is observing you. Head down, mumble, shuffle, no eye contact.

Crazy?? Genius??

Probably the only realistic shot at getting out.

My solution is to damn near never be ITP. That place is a freaking war zone even on the best days.

On the rare case that I see any of the ATL news, it is damn near 100% shootings and carjackings.

OK... AFTER READING SOME OF THE RECENT POSTS IM GUESSING THAT I HAVE NO ONE ELSE WHO WILL GO WITH ME ON THE NEXT WALK/HIKE??? I THINK THE NEXT TIME WE MAY TRY TO BLEND IN JUST A LITTLE MORE AND SEE WHAT KIND OF RESPONSES WE GET, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, EVEN THOUGH I DONT THINK YOU CAN GET MORE NEGATIVE THEN THIS TRIP. LOL

OK... AFTER READING SOME OF THE RECENT POSTS IM GUESSING THAT I HAVE NO ONE ELSE WHO WILL GO WITH ME ON THE NEXT WALK/HIKE??? I THINK THE NEXT TIME WE MAY TRY TO BLEND IN JUST A LITTLE MORE AND SEE WHAT KIND OF RESPONSES WE GET, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, EVEN THOUGH I DONT THINK YOU CAN GET MORE NEGATIVE THEN THIS TRIP. LOL

Think it's an interesting project.
Curious to hear how you plan to blend in. Hard to be the gray man in some areas. Keep ODT in the loop on future plans.

Think it's an interesting project.
Curious to hear how you plan to blend in. Hard to be the gray man in some areas. Keep ODT in the loop on future plans.
I got a lot going on right now but yeah , I hope you keep us updated. I might would be able to go (if you'd have me?). I used to work for Marabel Pirkle electric (2004-2006) off Langford pkwy and set poles , run wire , and installed lights all over the Atl zero carry ; but thangs have changed . I worked alone 90% of the time off of roads I didn't think my boom truck or utility truck would fit down. I heard those a/holes get haz pay after dark now lol. Got offered a steel fab job closer to home or I'd still be with'em = had a 4 & 6 yr old at the time. Side Note- it'd be nice to have some cool/cold weather. I like jackets/coats just cause I'm 6'4" 260 lol ...just a thought

For those of you that have not watched the part 2 please check it out. We should have the rest done soon and were already planning our next sceniro... who would like to help with the next one???

Did you ever think of just riding a bike, instead of the whole on-foot deal? If the SHTF you could probably find a bike pretty fast inside the city, just find an apartment building. When I went to school downtown Detroit, I used to ride my bmx bike all over, all night long, down around Cobo hall, renaissance center, Greek town. Never was messed with, I think the whole speed difference (walking vs cycling) never gave anyone an opportunity. Just some food for thought.

It's funny, I felt safer there though then I do in some parts of Atlanta, I never even carried a pocket knife up there.

Back
Top Bottom