• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

URBAN NIGHT NAVIGATION DOWNTOWN ATL ON FOOT.

The biggest issue will be the weather. You will get cold and hungry in the rain, I highly recommend lighting any fires for warmth or cooking under a bridge so you don't have to worry about rain. Sometimes you can also find dry wood or building materials under there to get it started.

Atlanta just announced that Dekalb County is taking bids to clean the sewer lines for the first time in 50 yrs...Maybe a reasonable route..But then again I don't have to worry..I am on the top of the Mountain...Stay safe my friends..:barbershop_quartet_

I'm rooting for you, guys.

If I weren't so fat, and so far north of ATL, I'd join you.
But... if the SHTF for real, I don't think I'd walk out of downtown ATL without enough folks to look like a military squad, with one designated rifleman.

The biggest issue will be the weather. You will get cold and hungry in the rain, I highly recommend lighting any fires for warmth or cooking under a bridge so you don't have to worry about rain. Sometimes you can also find dry wood or building materials under there to get it started.

DUDE! Seriously
TOO SOON! :boink: :)
bridge collapse.jpg

I'm rooting for you, guys.

If I weren't so fat, and so far north of ATL, I'd join you.
But... if the SHTF for real, I don't think I'd walk out of downtown ATL without enough folks to look like a military squad, with one designated rifleman.
I calculated it on Google maps, it would be an 18hr walk to get home

SO MY BEST FRIEND AND I ARE DISCUSSING A SCENARIO FROM BUGGING OUT FROM DOWNTOWN ATL. SO FAR WE KNOW WE WILL BE ON FOOT, NO CELL PHONES, GPS, OR ABLE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ANYONE. WE WILL HAVE LOCAL MAPS THAT WE WILL FIGURE OUT CERTAIN ROUTES, HAND HELD HAM RADIO TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH OTHERS AS WE REACH CERTAIN CHECK POINTS(FOR SAFETY AND TO TIME THE TRIP BETWEEN CHECK POINTS). WE WILL HAVE ALL GEAR, FOOD, WATER AND SECURITY IN OUR PACKS. WE WILL PLAY THIS AS THE THE STREETS ARE CLOGGED WITH VEHICLES AND WERE AT A BUSINESS MEETING OF SORTS DOWNTOWN. THIS SCENARIO WILL BE CONDUCTED OVER NIGHT AND OUR WIVES WILL LEAVE A VEHICLE AT A LOCATION THAT WILL BE DETERMINED THAT NIGHT. WE WILL FILM THE ADVENTURE AND PLAN ON HAVING OTHER HAM RADIO OPERATORS HELPING.

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS BEFORE OR DOES ANYONE WANT TO JOIN US IN A FRIENDLY TEAM CHALLENGE?
So, in your scenario, you are starting from downtown ATL. Where were your bugout/get home bags at beginning of SHTF? How will you retrieve them?
Are they always stocked with all the stuff you're discussing?
Sounds like an interesting excercise, good luck, in for results.

Back
Top Bottom