• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

URBAN NIGHT NAVIGATION DOWNTOWN ATL ON FOOT.

I'm in as long as we can get some Slurpee's along the way...
9eabcc8e845d6916822f05c6f0220f59.jpg

I'm in as long as we can get some Slurpee's along the way...View attachment 1173372

THATS THE TACTICAL TUBBY TUMMY... AND I HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME TO WHERE I CANT READ LOWER CASE LETTERS SO ALL CAPS LOOKS RIGHT TO ME. PLUS SEVERAL YEARS WRITING REPORTS ONLY IN CAP LETTERS PER POLICY. NOW THIS IS JUST HOW I ROLL FELLERS. MERICA!!! :usa::usa2:

So what's the bottom line on this hike OUT of downtown ATL at night?
Is there a day/ time picked yet?
Are any fat late-middle-aged guys going? If so, and if it's going down on a Friday night or Saturday night, I might try it. I won't be cutting through yards or trying to stay hidden. Just walking on the sidewalks. Holstered pistol, concealed, and a pocket pistol. Small backpack. Drinks, snacks, a change of shoes and socks, and a sweater.
I would try to blend in, as much as a white guy can "blend in" in ATL at night. I think I can do 15 miles. That won't get me home, but it will get me outside the perimeter at least, and into a friend's neighborhood in Marietta, or Sandy Springs.

Do we have a DATE?

Do we have a ROUTE?

Do we have RADIO SUPPORT?

Do we have GROUND SUPPORT (people in vehicles, ready to pick up folks if necessary and give them a lift)?

If this were a real-life situation, I'm embarrassed to say that I don't normally have survival food and drinks in my car during any season other than winter. But I always to have comfortable clothes, since I don't want to walk any significant distance in a wool business suit and wearing Bostonian dress shoes. I've always got jeans and/or track pants in the car, sneakers, and sandals. Ball cap and sunglasses. And a sweater. All year 'round. (In the summer, I'll use it when some stores / businesses turn their AC way too cold.)

If this were a real-life situation, I'm embarrassed to say that I don't normally have survival food and drinks in my car during any season other than winter. But I always to have comfortable clothes, since I don't want to walk any significant distance in a wool business suit and wearing Bostonian dress shoes. I've always got jeans and/or track pants in the car, sneakers, and sandals. Ball cap and sunglasses. And a sweater. All year 'round. (In the summer, I'll use it when some stores / businesses turn their AC way too cold.)
This would make a good start for a thread on what folks always carry in their vehicle "just in case".

Back
Top Bottom