• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bump for update: US appeals court blocks ban on rapid-fire ‘bump stocks’

Gotta ban them by executive order before a Republican comes along and bans them with legislation.

You're welcome.
Them, and binary triggers and FRT triggers and probably Jerry Miculeks' trigger finger.

Take a look at the FL law sometime if you want to see what Congress was about to push through after Vegas.

Them, and binary triggers and FRT triggers and probably Jerry Miculeks' trigger finger.

Take a look at the FL law sometime if you want to see what Congress was about to push through after Vegas.

as I said, passed by a Republican. Make them fight for it and IF they manage to get it on the President's desk, then veto it, or sign it, or whatever the hell he wants to do with it. To ban something via executive order as a preemptive strike is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of.

Maybe you are right though, maybe it saved us all. Of course, it certainly didn't help Trump win re-election in 2020 and it destroyed the NRA.

Democrats talk about gun control
Republicans actually do it.
Basically, Democrats are actually better for our 2nd Amendment rights than Republicans.

as I said, passed by a Republican. Make them fight for it and IF they manage to get it on the President's desk, then veto it, or sign it, or whatever the hell he wants to do with it. To ban something via executive order as a preemptive strike is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of.

Maybe you are right though, maybe it saved us all. Of course, it certainly didn't help Trump win re-election in 2020 and it destroyed the NRA.

Basically, Democrats are actually better for our 2nd Amendment rights than Republicans.
Be great if Trump's SCOTUS appointments could be instrumental in overturning his idiocy.

Ever see how they fight forest fires... Sometimes a preemptive strike is all you can do.

So, is ATF gonna refund all the folks that had to destroy theirs? Rhetorical question. Of course not. But, it would be nice if they have to feel some pain for making arbitrary laws that won't hold up in court.

You and I have gone 'round on this before.

Believe what you want but the fact that deep-red FL passed this exact bill shows how much momentum it had, and Florida is still stuck with it today. Not only bump stocks but anything that changes the rate of fire, so no binary or FRT triggers either.

If you can find a single GOPer (then or now) that will publicly say that they want to make 'machine guns' available to everyday people I'd be stunned. But somehow you think that they will not pass a bill outlawing bump stocks?

Elect me prez and I’ll host a machine gun shoot on the south lawn the day of my inauguration

So, is ATF gonna refund all the folks that had to destroy theirs? Rhetorical question. Of course not. But, it would be nice if they have to feel some pain for making arbitrary laws that won't hold up in court.
Not the ATF, they approved them. This is Trump’s turd.

Ever see how they fight forest fires... Sometimes a preemptive strike is all you can do.

So protect bump stocks by destroying bump stocks.

Trump’s screw up stopped nothing. Florida and Massachusetts had already banned them months prior and the only reason he didn’t get to sign legislation into law following suit was the legislation couldn’t get through the house and senate. If it could have, the executive order wouldn’t have been needed.

Back
Top Bottom