• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

US Court of appeals, 4th circuit upholds decision to ban "assault rifles"

The ruling from the Richmond-based court goes further than other appellate courts that have reviewed similar laws in stating clearly that “assault weapons and large-capacity magazines are not protected by the Second Amendment.” The majority opinion, written by Judge Robert B. King, refers to the banned firearms as “weapons of war” that the court says are most useful in the military.

What the heck does he think the second amendment guarantees rights to? When the second amendment was written there were no "assault weapons" or "military-style" weapons. It was arms IE weapons IE guns. Why is it courts these days want to make a distinction when none was established when the rights were drafted? Just like the first amendment doesnt guarantee freedom of speech online but its protected just the same.

The ruling from the Richmond-based court goes further than other appellate courts that have reviewed similar laws in stating clearly that “assault weapons and large-capacity magazines are not protected by the Second Amendment.” The majority opinion, written by Judge Robert B. King, refers to the banned firearms as “weapons of war” that the court says are most useful in the military.

What the heck does he think the second amendment guarantees rights to? When the second amendment was written there were no "assault weapons" or "military-style" weapons. It was arms IE weapons IE guns. Why is it courts these days want to make a distinction when none was established when the rights were drafted? Just like the first amendment doesnt guarantee freedom of speech online but its protected just the same.

Unbelievable, isn't it? And don't forget the decision was 10-4.

Unbelievable, isn't it? And don't forget the decision was 10-4.

I just dont understand how they think man. I really can't. I mean like any normal person I dont want to see violence and school shootings, etc but banning "military weapons" styled or otherwise ain't going to stop it.

I just dont understand how they think man. I really can't. I mean like any normal person I dont want to see violence and school shootings, etc but banning "military weapons" styled or otherwise ain't going to stop it.

100% agree. I've tried so many times to understand their side, and I just can't. It's just blatant ignorance.

Yea , but it's for the children right ?

To keep them from harm.

To keep them from these mass murderers right ?

Meanwhile down at planned Parenthood ,they murdered 25,000+ babies in Maryland last year :-(

Our government & healthcare system .

So don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining !

Makes it harder to round all of us up into FEMA Camps if we're armed as well as the people doing the rounding up.

I know what these people think. They want us disarmed.

Back
Top Bottom