• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

US off road Tacoma winch mounts group buy

dealership told me any suspension changes, brushgautds or oversized tires could void powertrain warranty.

The fact of the matter is any dealership will do anything to find a reason to void a warranty. They can sell you a lifted truck and keep a warranty but if you purchased the same lift and even had them install it, they will now considered it aftermarket. I don't know what to tell you. You have to be comfortable with any decision you make. Worst case, if anything ever does happen that you need to warranty, just remove it and out the original crash bar back on and take it into the dealership. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you but I don't work for Toyota nor am a lawyer so I can't say have they will interpret anything. I just tell my self if I'm stuck somewhere and need a winch to get out, which has been a reality for me, my warranty isn't going to be on my mind. But I do understand your concern. I'd think you would have a pretty solid case against Toyota trying to void a powertrain warranty over this product though.

Also I believe under the Magnuson -moss warranty act, Toyota would be responsible for proving that the bumper you added was responsible for damages to whatever drivetrain part you are trying to warranty.

Again, not a lawyer so please only make decisions you are comfortable with. But if you are interested in this type of bumper, you won't find a better deal than this IMHO.

Nice! I was really hoping to find a group buy on the SSO Slimline, but this is pretty enticing.
Come on over to the site and join the group buy. We had 2 added this morning. So the wheels are rollin' and the faster we get to 10 the faster 2e can get our order in.

The fact of the matter is any dealership will do anything to find a reason to void a warranty. They can sell you a lifted truck and keep a warranty but if you purchased the same lift and even had them install it, they will now considered it aftermarket. I don't know what to tell you. You have to be comfortable with any decision you make. Worst case, if anything ever does happen that you need to warranty, just remove it and out the original crash bar back on and take it into the dealership. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you but I don't work for Toyota nor am a lawyer so I can't say have they will interpret anything. I just tell my self if I'm stuck somewhere and need a winch to get out, which has been a reality for me, my warranty isn't going to be on my mind. But I do understand your concern. I'd think you would have a pretty solid case against Toyota trying to void a powertrain warranty over this product though.

Also I believe under the Magnuson -moss warranty act, Toyota would be responsible for proving that the bumper you added was responsible for damages to whatever drivetrain part you are trying to warranty.

Again, not a lawyer so please only make decisions you are comfortable with. But if you are interested in this type of bumper, you won't find a better deal than this IMHO.
I do not disagree with any of that. I just wanted to point it out. Was told at milton martin that it would void powertrain if you changed anything. He said they could argue it changed factory weight distribution and a few other Nancyass points. He said they can do it if you change from suggested ture size too. To say how much truth there is to that, I'm in the same boat. I'm not a lawyer.

Just wanted to point it out.

I do not disagree with any of that. I just wanted to point it out. Was told at milton martin that it would void powertrain if you changed anything. He said they could argue it changed factory weight distribution and a few other Nancyass points. He said they can do it if you change from suggested ture size too. To say how much truth there is to that, I'm in the same boat. I'm not a lawyer.

Just wanted to point it out.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah hard to say how it would play out on any warranty claim for any vehicle.
But I will say again, it wouldn't be hard to reverse back to the stock piece if you needed to take it in for warranty issues haha.

It is really cool and I own a 18 taco. It would look cool with this winch setup how would I pay?
Nice! I was really hoping to find a group buy on the SSO Slimline, but this is pretty enticing.

So y'all still interested? Would love to add your names to the list. We are at 5 now, I have 3 pending so once we get to 10 Brad the owner will execute the group buy and send us codes to submit our orders online at the us off road site.

So y'all still interested? Would love to add your names to the list. We are at 5 now, I have 3 pending so once we get to 10 Brad the owner will execute the group buy and send us codes to submit our orders online at the us off road site.

The winch mount looks great on the gen 2 tacos, but I'm not a huge fan of the look on the gen 3. I'm going to pass on this one, but thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom