• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

US Service Rifle 1903 - 1903A3 Discussion/ Pic Thread....

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
We don't see many of these anymore. They are still very popular and seem to have kept their value over the years. What have you all been noticing about this niche' market? Seeing lots of original stuff? Repro? Shot one in a competition?

Here is a pic of my 03A3 I used to own....I would love a standard 1903 one day..

IMG_2969.JPG

Good ones certainly dont come up as often as in the past and they seem to have increased $50 per year over the past several years. I love my 03a3, she's an accurate beast, but i don't care for the rear sight on the original 1903.

I do think the 1903 is a beautiful weapon.....better than the k98 in my opinion

the older the bolt action the harder it is to find originals so the price tends ot be out of reach for most working class folk.

the American government was paying Mauser for stealing the Mauser design(until the end of ww1 of course). the 1903 is an improved mauser that didn't stray from the base enough to be it's own design legally

Very hard to find and at around $750 and up.

Just a few years ago $500 price range. I think WWI Centennial ha pushed the 1903 prices up.

They are great shooters.

I took my Rock Island out yesterday with a few of his friends.

I bet this November there will be a "push" in pricing for the original 1903 from WW1.

I have an 03-A3 that cycles like buttah until you fire a round.

Sometimes very difficult to open the bolt.

Headspace issue?

Back
Top Bottom