7   0
Reaction score

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
43   0
Reaction score
More info on the Soldier killed by bear

Damn shame. Survive all that just to lose your life in such a terrible manner.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
192   0
Reaction score
Terrible. On an exercise routine? What does that mean? Running in formation?
No. A training exercise can me a lot of different things, but it's not what you would typically think of as exercise, like running in formation or calisthenics. Typically you're practicing some kind of unit tactics or navigation.

palmettomoon

Default rank 5000+ posts Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
205   0
Reaction score
No. A training exercise can me a lot of different things, but it's not what you would typically think of as exercise, like running in formation or calisthenics. Typically you're practicing some kind of unit tactics or navigation.
No. We called it that when we did that. A training exercise was called a training exercise, FTX or "routine exercise." I was never in the unit mentioned in the article but we never would have called a training exercise an "exercise routine." An "exercise routine" or a "workout routine" can mean any number of things but it's usually related to PT.

The article that quoted his father indicated exercise routine. To me that implies some sort of PT.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
192   0
Reaction score
No. We called it that when we did that. A training exercise was called a training exercise, FTX or "routine exercise." I was never in the unit mentioned in the article but we never would have called a training exercise an "exercise routine." An "exercise routine" or a "workout routine" can mean any number of things but it's usually related to PT.

The article that quoted his father indicated exercise routine. To me that implies some sort of PT.
Yet in other quotes from the article it is referred to as simply an exercise, which a common abbreviation for training exercise.

Top Bottom