• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

US soldier dies in bear attack

Terrible. On an exercise routine? What does that mean? Running in formation?
No. A training exercise can me a lot of different things, but it's not what you would typically think of as exercise, like running in formation or calisthenics. Typically you're practicing some kind of unit tactics or navigation.

No. A training exercise can me a lot of different things, but it's not what you would typically think of as exercise, like running in formation or calisthenics. Typically you're practicing some kind of unit tactics or navigation.
No. We called it that when we did that. A training exercise was called a training exercise, FTX or "routine exercise." I was never in the unit mentioned in the article but we never would have called a training exercise an "exercise routine." An "exercise routine" or a "workout routine" can mean any number of things but it's usually related to PT.

The article that quoted his father indicated exercise routine. To me that implies some sort of PT.

No. We called it that when we did that. A training exercise was called a training exercise, FTX or "routine exercise." I was never in the unit mentioned in the article but we never would have called a training exercise an "exercise routine." An "exercise routine" or a "workout routine" can mean any number of things but it's usually related to PT.

The article that quoted his father indicated exercise routine. To me that implies some sort of PT.
Yet in other quotes from the article it is referred to as simply an exercise, which a common abbreviation for training exercise.

Back
Top Bottom