• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAA called me today

My Dad, a WWII vet that they tried to recall to fly in Korea, had a joke that made the rounds in the mid-1950s.

A guy is standing at a urinal in the men's room, but not doing anything. Just standing there, still, and fully dressed.

A second guy comes in and the first guy flaps his arms stiffly at the shoulders, showing his empty coat sleeves flapping loosely. He's got no arms! "Hey pal, can you, um, give me a hand here with unzipping and aiming?"

The second guy takes pity on the first man and does this for him, holding it, aiming it, and shaking it on request. Then the first man says, "Thank you so much. Please tuck it back in for me, and zip me back up."

When that job is completed, the second man gestures at the first guy's empty sleeves and asks "Korea?"

The first guy pops his arms out from under his coat and opens the bathroom door as replies:
"Not Ko-rea, but Gon-oh-rea. I'm afraid to touch the damned thing!"

When they address me by rank:

e.lvme.me_kdzw08x.jpg
Your rank was Obewon?

I know what you mean, it feels funny to me as well --
It has been 60 years since i was Petty officer pavogrande -
I must admit to a bit of pride that I was e-5 in a then e-7 navy --
my son did a mite better, retired as full commander
My ride was a super connie r7v, his was a ea6b --
WELCOME ABOARD,SIR

Used to be with USAA, for years, but they kept increasing my rates. No claims, no tickets, just rate increases. Went to talk about it and they didn't want to hear it. So I went back to the REAL Government Insurance Company. GEICO, which all should know stands for Government Employee Insurance Company, Not United States Automobile Association.

Back
Top Bottom