• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAA sucks and they can go **** themselves

Boogar Presley

Army Icon Supporter
Ordinary average guy
24   0
Reaction score
Daughter got off work yesterday at lunch and realized she'd locked her keys in her car
Called USAA road side asst, said 45 min - 1.5 hours.
2 hours later no locksmith. He turned off his tracking and had given a fake phone number
She was in walking distance of El Ranchero in ptc. They were very kind to her. She didn't have any money, her wallet was locked inside her car. They fed her and gave her plenty of soda and water and let her sit at a table for 3 hours waiting on a lock smith
Called USAA to find out wtf is going on, they said he was 30 min away
1 hour later still no show
Called USAA, they were very apologetic, cancelling that guy sending someone else
3 hours still no locksmith. I called the locksmith. He said 45 min then immediately cancelled
My daughter was in tears
Called USAA, wtf ??? They're so sorry, this isn't how they operate... Bull ****, this IS how they're operating

We called a locksmith ourselves not listed with USAA, guy was in Stone Mountain. He was there in 1 hour, took him 5 minutes to unlock my daughters car at a cost $160

*USAA let my daughter sit in a hot parking lot in August for 6 hours and never did send a lock smith, just the promise of 45 more min, 30 more min, 1 more hour. So sick of their ****

Moral of the story, hire someone yourself and send the insurance co the bill

A month ago I for the first time left my keys and wallet in the jeep and locked it..I have AAA but the card was in the wallet..I called a lock smith and he said it would take him an hr to get there and suggested calling a wrecker business..I did they came out in 20 minutes opened the jeep in 10 min charged $45. I called AAA with my card, they mailed me a claims form to mail my receipt in. They are sending me a check..

A month ago I for the first time left my keys and wallet in the jeep and locked it..I have AAA but the card was in the wallet..I called a lock smith and he said it would take him an hr to get there and suggested calling a wrecker business..I did they came out in 20 minutes opened the jeep in 10 min charged $45. I called AAA with my card, they mailed me a claims form to mail my receipt in. They are sending me a check..
Locked your keys in your jeep? What are you doing with the top on? :rofl:

Daughter got off work yesterday at lunch and realized she'd locked her keys in her car
Called USAA road side asst, said 45 min - 1.5 hours.
2 hours later no locksmith. He turned off his tracking and had given a fake phone number
She was in walking distance of El Ranchero in ptc. They were very kind to her. She didn't have any money, her wallet was locked inside her car. They fed her and gave her plenty of soda and water and let her sit at a table for 3 hours waiting on a lock smith
Called USAA to find out wtf is going on, they said he was 30 min away
1 hour later still no show
Called USAA, they were very apologetic, cancelling that guy sending someone else
3 hours still no locksmith. I called the locksmith. He said 45 min then immediately cancelled
My daughter was in tears
Called USAA, wtf ??? They're so sorry, this isn't how they operate... Bull ****, this IS how they're operating

We called a locksmith ourselves not listed with USAA, guy was in Stone Mountain. He was there in 1 hour, took him 5 minutes to unlock my daughters car at a cost $160

*USAA let my daughter sit in a hot parking lot in August for 6 hours and never did send a lock smith, just the promise of 45 more min, 30 more min, 1 more hour. So sick of their ****

Moral of the story, hire someone yourself and send the insurance co the bill

It sounds like usaa was trying to do the right thing but the locksmiths they called were garbage. I've been with usaa for 15 years and have never had a single issue with them. Sorry your daughter had to deal with that. It's a good life lesson though. Bet she don't lock her keys in the car again.

Many years ago, our son found a leak under our kitchen sink. We had owned the house for 2 years. I contacted USAA and filed a claim. I get home to assess the damage and see a high powered fan blowing under the sink and no leak. My son said USAA sent a company out to prevent further damage (he had already turned the water off.) USAA sends out an adjuster 2 days later and he determines that the damage was more than 2 years old based on the mold he found under the floor of the cabinetry. They said it predated our ownership of the house, so they refused to pay. I asked the adjuster about the fan and labor the company they sent out had incurred. He told me it was my responsibility. I said “I DIDN’T CALL THEM. USAA DID!” He just walked out. For months I called USAA and talked to every supervisor I could and they flat out refused to pay the company that came out. I explained they called them, not me, they didn’t give a ****. Meantime the company put a lien on my house that I had to pay when I sold it.

F USAA.

I have always put a hide-a-key on each vehicle I have.
Put the door key in the box and hide an extra ignition key inside the car somewhere.
Being a mechanic, I have unlocked dozens of cars for customers and folks I didn’t know, with a SlimJim.
Depending on how good of a customer they were and how far away I was/what kind of hassle it was at the time, I usually charged the least I could. I figure the person was already having a ‘crap day’ being locked out.
There are dozens of times I have come across folks trying to get in a car with a coat hanger - stopped and unlocked it for them in 5 mins with a tool, did not charge anything but a handshake and give them a biz card.
I always made better money with them becoming a customer than charging them $50-100 to unlock a car door.
99% of the time the person would call me to bring a car over for work within a week or so.
Normally I just liked to help someone in distress, never counted on them becoming customers. I always had more work than I could handle, treating folks correctly. It is a shame everyone in biz doesn’t help look out for folks in trouble.
There was a time we used to do just that as a human/good person or whatever. Now a days folks are too busy or caught up with their own lives to even notice . lol.

Reading these posts, I will NEVER use USAA for anything !
I have always had State Farm anyway and they may be a little more expensive but are very good to us. As a family, we have had SF ever since I can remember.
A lot of times when I compare, they are just as cheap if not cheaper than other companies. They damned sure are better, imo.

Just like AAA, they sub that stuff out for peanuts. So for example, a tow truck would easily NOT go to a dead battery start through AAA and make $75 (example), but would put this AAA call off and go to two other $250+ jobs each, before things died down. All the while letting the AAA dead battery start wait.

I had a couple of conversations with AAA hired tow services and that is exactly what they told me. Contracted rates take the back seat to any cash/non-contracted call.

Back
Top Bottom