• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAA sucks and they can go **** themselves

Every keyless entry vehicle I had, had a keyed driver's door. 2 Toyotas and a Chrysler.
Their remotes actually come with "dumb" keys that only open doors. How are you suposed to open the doors when battery in the remote dies?

I would take another look at the car. There is a keyed door.

View attachment 4581175
I helped a guy with a Corvette with a dead battery. Had just traded for it with his father.
All door latches were electronic. Inside and out.
I tried using my portable jumpstarter, but it didn't have enough charge.
After that, the battery was so dead he couldn't get out of the car! Eventually they unlatched.
The only key entry was on the rear hatch. There was a manual door override within the hatch.
(There were manual overrides for the doors under the seats, but he didn't know that, and that's not exactly where you'd look to try to open the doors.)

In other words, the owner did not read the manual.
Good on you for helping him out.

I find that most owners do not read the manuals for their multithousand dollar purchases. Hard to feel sorry for the dumbasses. I have first hand experience with that I do not care to share on the internet.
I think I put 280,000 mikes on my Explorer before I figured out how to turn on the fog lights.

Yeah, and their vetting was 100% effective. :doh:
They are more concerned by risk transfer, background check, ee controls, etc.

Anyone that has tried to hire anything out in the past 2.5 years knows that it is nearly impossible to get reliable service. GC's, homeowners, restaurant owners, and so on.

They are more concerned by risk transfer, background check, ee controls, etc.

Anyone that has tried to hire anything out in the past 2.5 years knows that it is nearly impossible to get reliable service. GC's, homeowners, restaurant owners, and so on.
I should added a smiley too. Meant just as a joke.
I know they can't control everything.

Many years ago, our son found a leak under our kitchen sink. We had owned the house for 2 years. I contacted USAA and filed a claim. I get home to assess the damage and see a high powered fan blowing under the sink and no leak. My son said USAA sent a company out to prevent further damage (he had already turned the water off.) USAA sends out an adjuster 2 days later and he determines that the damage was more than 2 years old based on the mold he found under the floor of the cabinetry. They said it predated our ownership of the house, so they refused to pay. I asked the adjuster about the fan and labor the company they sent out had incurred. He told me it was my responsibility. I said “I DIDN’T CALL THEM. USAA DID!” He just walked out. For months I called USAA and talked to every supervisor I could and they flat out refused to pay the company that came out. I explained they called them, not me, they didn’t give a ****. Meantime the company put a lien on my house that I had to pay when I sold it.

F USAA.
USAA customer backed into my wife’s car at Publix. Car was only a couple months old. Exchanged information, called USAA and started a claim. Several days go by. Nothing. Called back. Waiting on their customer to give them incident report. Several more days, nothing. Called back. Their insured won’t return their calls. I had the guys info so I called him. Explained to him what USAA said and he told me he contacted them the next day and gave them a statement. Called USAA back. Oh, we’re sorry, he did give a statement. Waiting on our adjuster to review statement. Long story shorter, several months go by and constant bull**** stories and runaround. Finally contacted a friend of mine who’s an attorney and before he could even draft a letter an uninsured un documented Biden voter rear ended my wife on the 285 merge to 85N and totaled the car. He fled the scene and was caught about an hour later. He was drunk but since an hour passed didn’t get charged. No insurance, fleeing the scene, invalid registration and when I last talked to sanctuary Dekalb County they couldn’t even verify if he was who his ID said he was. Of course they let him out on $5000 bail. Luckily my wife was fine and my un-insured motorist coverage with Progressive covered everything. Back to OP original post, USAA sucks big red Donkey dicks. A bag of them.

USAA customer backed into my wife’s car at Publix. Car was only a couple months old. Exchanged information, called USAA and started a claim. Several days go by. Nothing. Called back. Waiting on their customer to give them incident report. Several more days, nothing. Called back. Their insured won’t return their calls. I had the guys info so I called him. Explained to him what USAA said and he told me he contacted them the next day and gave them a statement. Called USAA back. Oh, we’re sorry, he did give a statement. Waiting on our adjuster to review statement. Long story shorter, several months go by and constant bull**** stories and runaround. Finally contacted a friend of mine who’s an attorney and before he could even draft a letter an uninsured un documented Biden voter rear ended my wife on the 285 merge to 85N and totaled the car. He fled the scene and was caught about an hour later. He was drunk but since an hour passed didn’t get charged. No insurance, fleeing the scene, invalid registration and when I last talked to sanctuary Dekalb County they couldn’t even verify if he was who his ID said he was. Of course they let him out on $5000 bail. Luckily my wife was fine and my un-insured motorist coverage with Progressive covered everything. Back to OP original post, USAA sucks big red Donkey dicks. A bag of them.
Did you consider filing with your insurance company and letting them subrogate against USAA? It‘s far easier and quicker for you. The USAA insured driver still needs to pay.

USAA customer backed into my wife’s car at Publix. Car was only a couple months old. Exchanged information, called USAA and started a claim. Several days go by. Nothing. Called back. Waiting on their customer to give them incident report. Several more days, nothing. Called back. Their insured won’t return their calls. I had the guys info so I called him. Explained to him what USAA said and he told me he contacted them the next day and gave them a statement. Called USAA back. Oh, we’re sorry, he did give a statement. Waiting on our adjuster to review statement. Long story shorter, several months go by and constant bull**** stories and runaround. Finally contacted a friend of mine who’s an attorney
Geico tried to f'me the same a decade ago. Had to get a lawyer to handle it.

Back
Top Bottom