• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAA sucks and they can go **** themselves

never had any issue with any claims ive made with usaa. although ive never used the roadside. but it would seem a million times easier to just get someone and send them the bill for it. ive done it before with a tow i needed years ago and zero issue. for crap like that you call multiple different people and pay the person who shows up first,

for future prevention get a regular key copy made without the computer chip so it will unlock doors but not start the car, and put that in a hide-a-key somewhere.

just report those contractors they called to usaa and hopefully they wont use them again. all you can do.

They were a great insurance and banking company in the 80's and 90's. I've watched the decline for almost 40 years. Having them was a great benefit to a young LT. Saved a ton of money and the end of year disbursements was a super advantage. I've had a high coverage policy for 37 years (they don't even write them that high anymore if memory serves) and service has been fairly good when it was needed.

Their prices aren't so great anymore, just another "also ran" sometimes and now they place your dividend into a subscriber's savings account.

In 1997 my premiums were about $680 per year and I'd get a $250+ dividend check when we had a good year with low claims.

I locked my keys in my car a couple of years ago and was away from home (and PC, where I keep spares) so I called a local Pop-A-Lock type service. 20 minutes and $40 later I was in my car with no damage to the car.

Went through the same thing earlier this year with AAA. Tow truck was supposed to arrive by 9AM, didn't actually arrive until 10 PM. Fortunately the vehicle was in the driveway of another ODTer so I left when they were 2 hours late, they picked up at night and towed to the repair shop. Just miserable.

Also this year in another vehicle we had a blow out and they estimated 6 hours. I called a tire shop about 6 miles away in Winder, they recommended a tow guy next to them, I called, he showed up in about 10 minutes, got me hooked up and taken to the tire shop, they put on a new tire, all took about an hour total. That evening AAA called to let me know the tow truck was running a bit late but should be arriving within 15 minutes.

I've been a USAA member for 20 years or so. Two years ago was the first time I had ever filed a claim with them, a woman pulled in front of my other Sprinter and I hit her. The LEO report specifically stated she was at fault. USAA determined my van was a total loss. Then it took almost 6 months for them to pay up. There would be weeks that would go by where my daily calls/emails would go unanswered. They wound up lowballing me so badly, that I just accepted an offer and had to go on with my life. During those 6 months, I had to keep making payments on a van that I had no idea where it was, and when I tried chasing logic up the chain, nobody would help me. I was only told that if I didn't make the payments, they would report it negatively on my credit report, and ultimately send it out for repo (ironic, isn't it??).

Yes, USAA absolutely SUCKS balls. I just sold my car and my Sprinter, and never have to deal with those sphincternuggets again.

I've had USAA for 30 years. Filed several claims, both home and auto. The last was 2014 when with two weeks my wife's car and my truck were totaled in two separate accidents that were the fault of the other drivers. In both cases the claims against the other party's insurance were handled by making one phone call to USAA and payment for our totaled vehicles promply deposited in out account. In the case of my truck, a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 that I bought new in 2007 and paid $25,000, after driving it for 6 years and racking up 70,000 miles or so USAA had $19,500 deposited in my account within 5 business days. That's after sending a flatbed wrecker to my house the day after the accident, with a rental car loaded on it for me to drive, to pick up my truck.

I've had zero....ZERO....issues with USAA.

Been USAA member since 1982. I agree it is not the same company now. It is just another big insurance/financial company. They have embraced the digital transformation and outsourced every possible position they can - they assume all their customers are 20-somethings fluent in using their iPhone/Android and living in a major urban area. You are SOL if you need anything from USAA and you do not have enough mobile service for an internet connection because everything is APP based now. I still use USAA for house and car insurance but often wonder why. I got a AAA policy as I do not trust the USAA tow agreement etc. after a bad experience.

PS - their CEO never served in the military.

Back
Top Bottom