• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAammo deal

Tracking finally updated. Maybe it will be here tomorrow!

Indianapolis, IN, United States 08/04/2011 11:04 A.M. Departure Scan
08/04/2011 3:37 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IL, United States 08/03/2011 11:10 P.M. Departure Scan
Spokane, WA, United States 07/27/2011 12:09 A.M. Arrival Scan
Lewiston, ID, United States 07/26/2011 9:10 P.M. Departure Scan
07/26/2011 4:24 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 07/26/2011 11:23 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Mine looks very similar. Now says I will get the ammo tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed! ;)

Very happy, after I re positioned my money from the USA Ammo flop, I order 520 rds of AE .223 from Cabelas, got $5 shipping...came to $147 shipped. Placed the order on Monday night, got the ammo today.

I know I don't have the savings some of you guys got by being patient, but I have new brass not recycled and I actually spoke to a person when placing the order and spoke to another person to get a partial refund when they put the ammo on sale 2 days later.

Just cancelled my order for the 175gr .308 match.

Lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful, but sounded super busy (I can imagine why). She informed me that they were 7-8 business days behind in filling .308 orders, and it turns out that all of their .308 has been pulled from the shipping floor as of late due to oversized cases. Apparently a lot of people are finding that the ammo won't chamber and/or are getting stuck cases. Seems maybe their resizing didn't go as planned? Regardless, this isnt exactly the type of thing I want to hear from the company making my ammo when I can just as easily make the same ammo in my basement for cheaper. So, I cancelled.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I will just spend the money on components and call it a day. Did anyone get a refund from Gearhog? How did you go about doing that? About to start looking into it now.

I got a refund from gear hog...emailed the general info and received an email back from David (same email address as well so no direct address to him).

Very cool guy. I explained my reason for cancelling, he said he hopes I continue to use them in the future and gave me a $5 credit on my account.

support@gearhog.com

with all these issues popping up i am wondering if i should try to get a refund, i haven't even tried to use my GC because of all the issues i've read about

I'm wondering what's up with UPS. I can't blame USAAMMO for my shipment sitting with UPS for over a week. It was supposed to get here Tuesday but got pushed back until today. It makes me wonder about their reloads though. Seems like lots of issues with the rifle stuff. I'll just load my own rifle and stick to their cheap 9mm pistol. If they start screwing up some simple pistol cartidges they won't stay in business long.

Mine should get here today. I'll report back if/when it shows up (shows "out for delivery" on UPS website, so that's good). As soon as the ammo is received I'm placing a call to CS anyways, regarding the .223 I bought, so I'll report on that experience as well. I'll try to remember to do a range report on the ammo once I shoot it.

OK OK, not to beat a dead horse here but I just received this email from USA AMMO:

Dear Valued Customers,

Due to the overwhelming response to our GearHog offer on July 21, 2011, our shipping lapse time has been extended. This extension is very unusual and solely due to the enormous amount of orders we received in a 3 day time period. We are working diligently and efficiently to reduce our shipping backlog and fully expect to be back to normal very soon.

We thank you for your patience during this extraordinary period. We are committed to bringing the finest quality ammunition made right here in the USA to the market place and as a result our processes were overwhelmed by your tremendous support of our recent offer. As a consolation for your patience, we are extending each of you a one time use of our MOREAMMO shipping discount. You may use the MOREAMMO coupon on your next order. This offer is not available for users who use a second GearHog gift certificate.

Again, thank you so much for your tremendous support of our efforts to keep ammunition manufacturing alive in the USA. We look forward to providing you with the highest quality ammunition. Please visit www.usaammo.com for all your ammunition and gear needs.

Have a great day!
Trace R Williams

Funny, I thought the hold up was your ammo destroying guns and not functioning properly.

Back
Top Bottom