• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAammo deal

got mine yesterday

I also shot 50 or so rds of a batch I had gotten from another member on here a while back of their reman 9mm this weekend. shot cleaner than most reloads i've used and is dead on. ran it through my 34 and sub2000 with zero issues...looks brand new

So are reloads "dirtier" in general than new loads? And if so, why? Are they not loading the same thing in the new brass that gets loaded into the used brass? Someone please explain to me how that works?? :confused:

So are reloads "dirtier" in general than new loads? And if so, why? Are they not loading the same thing in the new brass that gets loaded into the used brass? Someone please explain to me how that works?? :confused:

It depends on the powder, some burn cleaner than others.

That's what i gathered from it . . . you probably wouldn't know what they sent you , it's what they tell you it is , lol

i would guess that the reloads would be mixed head stamps while the new would all be the same (maybe not)

i dont really see how reloads would be any dirtier than the new. in theory they are loading the exact same thing with the only difference being the brass. it would be no different than buying ammo from GA arms or atlanta arms.

What people should be doing is comparing them to different brands, because everyone has their way of making them.

For me the USAammo is cleaner than Atlanta arms and right about even if not a little better than WWB

normally the companies that sell reman and cheaper ammo use cheaper powder which makes it "dirtier" . the two go hand in hand.
the worst I have ever had was the ultramax from dick's. I tried to shoot some during an idpa match and was told if I didn't have other ammo to switch to that I couldn't keep shooting because it was causing so much smoke on the range lol

i would guess that the reloads would be mixed head stamps while the new would all be the same (maybe not)

i dont really see how reloads would be any dirtier than the new. in theory they are loading the exact same thing with the only difference being the brass. it would be no different than buying ammo from GA arms or atlanta arms.

What people should be doing is comparing them to different brands, because everyone has their way of making them.

For me the USAammo is cleaner than Atlanta arms and right about even if not a little better than WWB

Thank you for the info! I've only shot Atlanta Arms once, way back, and I forgot how "dirty" it was. I mostly shoot Blazer or the Remington UMC bulk stuff from wally world and those two brands seem much "cleaner" to me than the USAAmmo. I've never shot WWB. I do think the USAAmmo is very accurate, though - so I'm more than happy with that part.

normally the companies that sell reman and cheaper ammo use cheaper powder which makes it "dirtier" . the two go hand in hand.
the worst I have ever had was the ultramax from dick's. I tried to shoot some during an idpa match and was told if I didn't have other ammo to switch to that I couldn't keep shooting because it was causing so much smoke on the range lol

And thanks to you also! That's a pretty good IDPA story (well, funny now, but I'm sure you weren't too pleased at the time!) - I heard something similar recently in a different thread I think? Anyways - so, you get what you pay for, huh? ;)

Back
Top Bottom