• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USED TLR-1 at clydes...

trade ins from customers is my guess...

They do lots of trading with agencies and Law Enforcement. I bought a used trade-in EOTech from them recently. Franklins is horrible. I know of nobody that even visits that store, much less buy anything from them. Franklins used to be the only show in town, thank good ness that changed.

I picked up a new glock from franklins this past saturday for $400.

at clydes it was $500+

guess you have to go in at the right time.

Clyde's doesn't sell new glocks.

You have to be careful in there though, some things are priced good, some really high. Franklins is high on everything I've seen and the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced ANYWHERE. Last time I was in Franklins, i was looking at an FS 92, lowest they would go was $675, when i told the guy they had them down the road at Academy for $550, he snatched it out of my hand, put it back in the case and walked off, wouldn't say another word to me. If Franklins is selling glocks for $400, they are losing money. I will go check tomorrow, that's less than blue label glocks.

My favorite local store is Sporting Arms in Winterville.

I did buy other stuff with it. I believe I have talked to the owner. he was real friendly and gave me a good discount.

I am only limited to go to a shop where they open late or open on sundays... work schedule sucks

Clyde's doesn't sell new glocks.

You have to be careful in there though, some things are priced good, some really high. Franklins is high on everything I've seen and the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced ANYWHERE. Last time I was in Franklins, i was looking at an FS 92, lowest they would go was $675, when i told the guy they had them down the road at Academy for $550, he snatched it out of my hand, put it back in the case and walked off, wouldn't say another word to me. If Franklins is selling glocks for $400, they are losing money. I will go check tomorrow, that's less than blue label glocks.

My favorite local store is Sporting Arms in Winterville.

WOW....I bet the owner would like to hear that story.

franklin's does have some shi++y CS , but it's usually some kid that they hired who moved here to go to school that doesn't know anything. Clyde's just seem's a little high to me when academy and others down the road are a little cheaper, plus clyde's is never open when i go, guess they work banker's hour's!

There are several stores around I would visit more if they had different hours so I hear you there. I've been in to Franklins since they were located over on Hawthorne. They used to pretty much be the only show in town. i guess it just takes one bad experience to turn you off to a place. I spent a lot of time in there as a kid and when dad would drag me to their "at cost" sales. Clydes is hit or miss in my experience. I am looking for an AAC SDN-6 and Clydes has them for $850, the cheapest around and I have looked everywhere. They wree selling Hogue 10/22 stocks for $56 and the lowest online I could find the same one was $72, very good prices on Daniel defense. However, a SCAR 17 will run you $3000, about $500 more than I have seen elsewhere locally. But the guys there like the same stuff I do and are pretty knowledgable and helpful to me. Jeff at the firing lane is a good guy and i like going in there. Jerry at sporting arms is about my favorite though.

Back
Top Bottom