• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Used Truck Prices

I considered the offer, but what comparable vehicle could I buy with $13K to replace it with?
Since you like regular cab pickups you could replace it with my Nissan for 10K and pocket the other 3K.
I'll even deliver it to your driveway !!!

Nissy at GA National.jpg

I considered the offer, but what comparable vehicle could I buy with $13K to replace it with?
Nothing right now. I remember when I sold trucks from 1999 to 2003 if a truck had over 100,000 miles it was worth 2,500 to 5000 no matter what it was. 2500 more if it was a 4 wheel drive. I am just floored today's truck and car prices. In 2002 I purchased a 2000 model minivan with 32,000 miles and still under factory warranty. I paid 7,700 dollars for it at a dealership. I even pulled a Carfax on it and it was clean as new money. That van sticker priced at 24,700 new. It's not that way any more. Beside the deal I got you can't find Deals like that anywhere. The truck I bought wasn't advertised it was just word of mouth. I just happened to hear about it first. Now if I wreck it the insurance Co. won't give me nothing for it.

If you like that truck, keep it, you can't replace it with anything that has the potential reliability and longevity of the one you have now. It is not beyond the realm of possibility to get 500,000 or even 1 MIL Miles out of your Tundra in that configuration. The only thing that will kill it is rust, and it sounds like you have avoided that issue.

If that were mine and I got it to 300K I would try to see how many miles I could get it to before it completely dies....

Nothing right now. I remember when I sold trucks from 1999 to 2003 if a truck had over 100,000 miles it was worth 2,500 to 5000 no matter what it was. 2500 more if it was a 4 wheel drive. I am just floored today's truck and car prices. In 2002 I purchased a 2000 model minivan with 32,000 miles and still under factory warranty. I paid 7,700 dollars for it at a dealership. I even pulled a Carfax on it and it was clean as new money. That van sticker priced at 24,700 new. It's not that way any more. Beside the deal I got you can't find Deals like that anywhere. The truck I bought wasn't advertised it was just word of mouth. I just happened to hear about it first. Now if I wreck it the insurance Co. won't give me nothing for it.
I paid $5k for this one 5 years ago, and thought I may have paid too much for it at the time.
Finding a V8 vehicle with similar power & build quality for $13k today is impossible.

Yes, I used a set of Bilstein 4600's made for an F-150 ... they are 3" shorter than the stock Toyota shocks.
Bilsteins are the ticket. I used a set of 2 inch drop ones on this machine. Hugged the corners like it was on rails and rode like a Caddy on the highway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211217-205827.png
    Screenshot_20211217-205827.png
    259 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom