• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Useless stock + day off of work = multicam krylon attempt

CBeck

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
98   0
Reaction score
I had an extra stock from my savage .22 laying around and some extra time so I thought why not? It's far from perfect. I didn't take my time at all to let the paint layers cure but duribility and perfection were not my goals. I mainly just wanted to see if I could even close close to painting something remotely reassembling the multicam pattern. I've never even painted a gun and probably won't even bring myself to but for a first attempt I feel like I did alright. The colors are off slightly which I knew they would be going into it but I just worked with what I could find for now since it wasn't anything I cared about.

i41.tinypic.com_2u5gztj.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_2vi1put.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_2s8lcas.jpg

Not bad.
Some of that green looks a little shiny. If its completely dry and the shine bugs you then hit the whole thing with some Testors dull coat from the modeling section of a hobby shop. It'll knock any shine right off of it.
Cardboard stencils?

Not bad.
Some of that green looks a little shiny. If its completely dry and the shine bugs you then hit the whole thing with some Testors dull coat from the modeling section of a hobby shop. It'll knock any shine right off of it.
Cardboard stencils?
Yeah that green wasn't the best choice. I didn't bother clear coating it since I was just goofing off on this one but I'll keep that in mind if I ever commit on a stock a use. I used some cut out stencils and a lot of blue painters tape lol.

I would say camp is hard to do and look make look good without practice. If that's is your first time it looks really good to me. Shiny areas kinda take away from it but overall it is a good job in my opinion.

I would say camp is hard to do and look make look good without practice. If that's is your first time it looks really good to me. Shiny areas kinda take away from it but overall it is a good job in my opinion.
Thanks man. I totally agree about the shine and that one particular green I wouldn't use again. I may pick up another cold as well as another brown and give it another go on something smaller. If I get it looking good enough the FV-SR and the 15-22 may get a make over but the more expensive rifles I'd leave to the professionals lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job, it's just a peeve of mine when people use black. I don't know why, but it's one of those things that irritates me.
I completely understand. Bugs me too.

Back
Top Bottom