• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USFL. Anyone going to watch?

I can't remember the name of the league that played in 2019 for 6 or 7 games, but the games were worth watching. The players were playing their guts out, so they could get a chance to play in the NFL. So, that being said, I'd watch the games, but I seriously doubt that I'd ever go to the games or buy merchandise.

Someone is looking to start a 2nd professional Soccer league to compete with the MLS, but I'd be very surprised if that gets off the ground.

I can't remember the name of the league that played in 2019 for 6 or 7 games, but the games were worth watching. The players were playing their guts out, so they could get a chance to play in the NFL. So, that being said, I'd watch the games, but I seriously doubt that I'd ever go to the games or buy merchandise.

Someone is looking to start a 2nd professional Soccer league to compete with the MLS, but I'd be very surprised if that gets off the ground.
I’m surprised the MLS got a start.
Did not realize there were that many ghey sports fans in America.

They couldn’t have asked for a better first game! Well played…hard hits, fast paced and few penalties. On field talent was at least NCAA quality if not NFL caliber (although smaller) but they came to play and earn a paycheck. No one coasted or loafed and it came down to the wire.
Mic’d up coaches and drone cameras were awesome, quicker play clock as well as real time call reviews and the game moved right along without unneeded delays. There will be some growing pains but it was fun and I enjoyed it.
I gotta' say, I haven't finished watching yet but watched until about halfway through the third and I was very impressed. Will finish later. Some of those circus catches were impressive and wow, what a start to that game. A real mix of experience and exposure on their understandably very small rosters. I'm stunned at some of the talent that has been apparently squirreled away in obscurity of some small schools.

Hate to say it but before long this “league” will attract the same gold toof , Benz drivin, dog fightin, wife beating , thugs in training that NFL has in their pro line up.
Won't bet against it. But they've got a clear slate for now. Captain sang the national anthem, not a knee hit the ground, F15s flyover. 'Merica! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom