• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPS lost package, who is responsible? seeking opinions

Bobo

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
39   0
Reaction score
Purchased something off a different board. Never had any problems before, paid using paypal gift (I now realize that is dumb).

Package is now missing and the dumbasses at the USPS are zero help. Seller seems to think I am crazy to want a refund for my entire payment made. I don't feel that should be the case. I have been buying and selling online for years, I have had the USPS lose 3 items and each time I refunded the buyer their entire amount, and claimed the insurance if I purchased any.

Is my way not the correct method? He is pulling the unemployed card, but I don't care. Don't spend the money before your item arrives.

Also just found out that the paypal account that the funds were sent, isn't even his. The paypal account belongs to some 3rd party that my seller was purchasing something from.

Opinions wanted.

I will never use paypal gift again, unless I know the person personally.

Do you have tracking information? Was insurance purchased? What was you agreement on shipping?

Yes, I have tracking info. Package left distribution center in ME on Tuesday, no update since then. I have called the post office and started their tracking service.

I would have gladly paid for extra insurance if given that opportunity, so I shouldn't have assumed that he would cover the entire item.

Yes, I have tracking info. Package left distribution center in ME on Tuesday, no update since then. I have called the post office and started their tracking service.

I would have gladly paid for extra insurance if given that opportunity, so I shouldn't have assumed that he would cover the entire item.

No, you should not assume that the seller will pay for insurance. The seller does not HAVE to buy insurance and most of the time will not. Why should he? He has your money BEFORE he ships. The question of insurance should come up during negotiations, and if the seller will not buy, you should buy the insurance and to protect yourself, send enough money for the seller to purchase insurance on the item. Sucks, but maybe the tracking number will find the item for you.

The bad weather is delaying everything. Probably sitting at a DC waiting for the weather to improve . Give it time. I just had something disappear for 4 days then suddenly arrive.

I ordered parts from Lee Precision and they were shipped USPS. I was able to track them to the Atlanta processing facility where the disappeared. When I contacted USPS online, as they would not take a phonecall.
They had me fill out a form and submit it whereupon they informed me that if they needed more info they would contact me otherwise not to bother them. I've heard once from them wanting a picture of the item. Since then nothing in 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom