• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPS Money Orders

TheGman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
221   0
Reaction score
I sold a firearm to a person out of state.
Received FFL via email
Received USPS MO (Two)
Drove to USPS in Peachtree City today as I planned to ship UPS nearby.

#1 We dont have enough $$ on hand to cash those. Hmm buying USPS MO requires cash but you cannot cash them???

#2 Well can you validate the money orders? Well.......80 minutes later , seriously 1 hour 20 minutes. They validated the smaller one but could not the larger.
Now they could not say its not good / real but cannot say that it is.
In fact the “System” requires 48 hrs to upload and since these were bought Saturday wait until tomorrow.

But wait there’s more. The lady (very nice) handed me the two then the supervisor said give those back you cannot leave with them!
I placed into my wallet and said watch.
She scolded the lady for handing to me.
Told me I would be prosecuted for fraud if I deposited and they (either was bad).

But but but she could not say if good or bad so she wanted to keep.

Yeah, my local PO challenged my handwritten endorsement. I suggested the handwriting expert just call the cops while I wait.
They paid, but made sure I learned my lesson.

Thomaston ga must have the coolest post office in the world, I ship guns and cash money orders there on a weekly basis no problems, but my customers and everyone else always has bad stories about them claiming to not have enough money to cash a money order, or refusing to ship a firearm.

I sold a firearm to a person out of state.
Received FFL via email
Received USPS MO (Two)
Drove to USPS in Peachtree City today as I planned to ship UPS nearby.

#1 We dont have enough $$ on hand to cash those. Hmm buying USPS MO requires cash but you cannot cash them???

#2 Well can you validate the money orders? Well.......80 minutes later , seriously 1 hour 20 minutes. They validated the smaller one but could not the larger.
Now they could not say its not good / real but cannot say that it is.
In fact the “System” requires 48 hrs to upload and since these were bought Saturday wait until tomorrow.

But wait there’s more. The lady (very nice) handed me the two then the supervisor said give those back you cannot leave with them!
I placed into my wallet and said watch.
She scolded the lady for handing to me.
Told me I would be prosecuted for fraud if I deposited and they (either was bad).

But but but she could not say if good or bad so she wanted to keep.
WTF? Well they did lose alot of money last year. I guess it's your fault,buy a less expensive gun.

Back
Top Bottom