• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPS strikes again

Never have FRAGILE on the box, this means stomp and run over with the truck to USPS mail handlers.

Fragile can also suggest "valuable" so I never use it. Only labels that go on any of my packages are the postage and if an additional one is needed to comply with the various Federal/Courier guidelines (ie: Lithium Batteries, Ammunition ORD-M, etc). And I never inform of contents unless it's necessary for me to do so, like with liquids/hazardous/etc, and those usually aren't my areas of dealing.

The last thing I had shipped to me from the USPS went all the way to Honolulu before it arrived here..It was sent from Pennsylvania. :shocked:

I hate the USPS.

I had a scope delivered in this box. The scope seemed to be uninjured.

I never mark anything on the box.
DSCN2568.JPG
DSCN2569.JPG
DSCN2570.JPG

The last thing I had shipped to me from the USPS went all the way to Honolulu before it arrived here..It was sent from Pennsylvania. :shocked:

I hate the USPS.

Yea, that happens too. I've seen some interesting ones over the year. Sometimes it's a sorting issue and other times they have transport going to location A quicker than location B, or they may not go to location B at all from their current hub. Widely inefficient like everything else done by the government.

You see this a lot of FedEx and UPS too, but both have pretty good hub systems so there is usually good reason for it.

I had a scope delivered in this box. The scope seemed to be uninjured.

I never mark anything on the box.View attachment 1192386View attachment 1192388View attachment 1192392

Have had that happen too. I think the automated sorting systems usually cause that damage, and the only text those computers can read are the labels. Fragile stamps do nothing to protect the parcel in those cases.

I just received some rifle mags from USPS the other day and the box literally had two giant holes punched into opposite sides as if two rhinos ran into it at the same time plus the box had some kind of black residue all over it.
I wasn't too worried since it was mags but it was a good mail survival test nonetheless...

I just received some rifle mags from USPS the other day and the box literally had two giant holes punched into opposite sides as if two rhinos ran into it at the same time plus the box had some kind of black residue all over it.
I wasn't too worried since it was mags but it was a good mail survival test nonetheless...
Well then that's something to be noted

Back
Top Bottom