• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPS tale of woe ---

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
I like the USPS. I like my postman. I encourage people to use it. More people should use it to ship more guns.

But I just had a little USPS horror story.

Bought a gun off GB.

Sent a USPS MO by priority mail 12/8, due to arrive 12/11 in Houston, TX.

12/12. tracking, it is "in transit"

12/14 arrives Houston.

12/14 to 12/24 bounces around various Houston area PO.

12/24 USPS tracking service goes down, but there is no notice posted, it just tells you your results are "not available."

Today, 12/27 go to the local PO. What most people don't know is that USPS has it's own internal tracking system that you and I can't have access to, and it will actually tell you where the package is. Well, it was delivered 12/27.

19 days in transit, 13 days in Houston.

Houston is a large town and it takes the jackass express some time to zero in on the actual address of the addressee.

USPS claims they have heavy volume this time of year, so much that service has suffered greatly.

Like they have never been through a holiday shipping season before...........

USPS claims they have heavy volume this time of year, so much that service has suffered greatly.

Like they have never been through a holiday shipping season before...........

It was pretty bad this year. Worse than previous years. My wife was working 75 hours a week all through December. She has not seen it this bad.

It was pretty bad this year. Worse than previous years. My wife was working 75 hours a week all through December. She has not seen it this bad.

MAGA has been in all the papers. Good management keeps up with how events impact their business.

Not anticipating increased demand this holiday season is knuckle-dragging stupid on any package carrier business.

MAGA has been in all the papers. Good management keeps up with how events impact their business.

Not anticipating increased demand this holiday season is knuckle-dragging stupid on any package carrier business.

Their hiring and training process is burdensome and the unions help keep it that way. They never have the positions filled. Piss poor management but they are hamstrung. They are forced to pay for future health care costs which causes them to run a deficit yearly and one of the ways they try to make up that money is by leaving positions open and asking more of current carriers. Get congress and unions out of the post office and it would run much better.

Back
Top Bottom