• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UST Catalog

Does any of it come with a "Made in USA" marked on it?

If not, I wouldn't touch anything. Chances are they are all cheap products that will break with any prolonged use.

Also, why post 4 threads asking the same type questions for items you could have just asked in one?

Does any of it come with a "Made in USA" marked on it?

If not, I wouldn't touch anything. Chances are they are all cheap products that will break with any prolonged use.

Also, why post 4 threads asking the same type questions for items you could have just asked in one?

Tikker, The reason I posted multiple threads, with mostly the same questions about several products, is that I thought the odds were better about getting opinions about each specific product. I was especially interested in the survival blanket and the water filter.

I don't know about the "Made in USA". I certainly prefer that and am even willing to pay extra for that. It is just hard to find on a lot of products. I wonder where your TV, Smart phone, sound system, and clothes were made?

Don't take offense bud, but those items all looked like they came from a company that is trying to capitalize on survivalist's, but make theirg stuff in China to make an easier profit with out much thought of quality. And per the made in USA remark I made, when it comes to items like these I do stay with companies that are made in the USA. Chances are all that crap you posted was made in China, which depending on quality control & how much the company had oversight of the production I would guess that most if all the items would last less than a year before crapping out on you.

Oh and since you wondered, my tv & cell phone(not smartphone) are from S. Korea & yes my clothes for the most part are made in USA where I can find them.

Also, give ODT members some credit. Most people here can read a few paragraphs in one thread instead of you posting all those threads that could have been combined. Would have been easier for folks to offer advice on one thread for your items in question rather than jump to each thread you made to help you out.

Maybe your smartphone can find items outside of Wal-Mart?

IMG_2258.PNG
I think he meant Berkey but that's not a take with you kind of filtration system. The Sawyer is good to go. Survival blankets are easy. Get an actual "space" brand blanket off Amazon. I used several during Canterbury's Pathfinder course and they held up well. Extra tip. Throw all your gear into dry bag with shoulder straps. Everything will stay dry, will float, and will take an absolute beating. This is what I used:

Back
Top Bottom