• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

valuable post - SHTF skills?

I can respect that. Have no doubt I understand the Gospel. I am merely discussing survival. Not morals.

I would contend that as Christians we should spend as much time thinking of how we will maintain our moral standard in a SHTF scenario as we do planning how we will survive. We don't have the luxury of hitting pause on our moral compas.

I believe that all decency, loyalty and personal property will be gone as we know it. Complete chaos, he's right to an extent. People you trust when it's your life or theirs will turn on you... but only for a period of time. 6-18 months. The weak and ill prepared will die or be killed off by the totally unscrupulous folks trying to capitalize. Then the prepared, informed survival folks will begin to group up, organize and begin to establish structure again. At that point safety will be in numbers. So it's some of both. Always maintain hope regardless tho.

Question: imgiane if your 8 year old daughter that you love more than anything that has her whole life ahead of her had diabetes and was out of insulin because all medicene production ceased 6months ago. So shes used all the stock you were able to get she will die without it but your 80 year old neighbor had the same condition but several units of insulin. What would you do? Watch your daughter die when you could have helped her?

On a side note, I think I'd excel at baby making. You know for repopulation efforts. I tell my wife all the time how good I am at it...

Bushwhacker, you have a great point, and it goes back to any earlier post I sent. Don't talk, don't let out any info, it will enhancing your chance of living! Now distinguish between living and survival?

something like "type 100 words per minute" isn't a real necessity, Obviously. while someone that knows advanced medicine would be very valuable.
What can you do that would set you apart from others and save lives or get people organized ?

Thanks.

You know, if Society were to break down, and this was going to last for a while and it was our job to help reestablish society, I think you would need people to type up documents and record big transactions. Sales of vehicles, homes, real estate or any expensive and valuable supplies.

Basically contract law. Even after the S has hit the F. If we're going to have a civilized society instead of a bunch of barbarians running around with guns looting and pillaging, you're going to have to have contracts to document what an agreement is and what each side is supposed to do for the other.

And if electricity is out and regular office equipment won't work, I can see some real value in having A lawyer or paralegal service where they have a small office or maybe even a portable service where they drive to your location to type up an agreement on some manual typewriters with ribbons that use real ink, and carbon paper to make copies, instead of a photocopier !

Back
Top Bottom