• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Value of a newer rare gun ? Walther ppq

I just relayed what I had heard from a soldier I had the pleasure of talking to. He said they were running through 5.56 rounds as well. He shot a couple in Faluja with his side arm and they didn't even blink. I trust him more than anyone on here. He was actually in a war and saw a lot of action and had battle scars to prove it. I am just relaying real data I received from a real creditable source.

I just relayed what I had heard from a soldier I had the pleasure of talking to. He said they were running through 5.56 rounds as well. He shot a couple in Faluja with his side arm and they didn't even blink. I trust him more than anyone on here. He was actually in a war and saw a lot of action and had battle scars to prove it. I am just relaying real data I received from a real creditable source.
So he shot a purp with a 9mm ball ammo correct, they can’t use hollow points? If he shot with ball of corse he didn’t blink, 9mm ball zips stright threw yea.

So he shot a purp with a 9mm ball ammo correct, they can’t use hollow points? If he shot with ball of corse he didn’t blink, 9mm ball zips stright threw yea.

Truth is, until you get to the calibers that can break down the structural skeletal parts (.357 mag., .44 mag., maybe .357 Sig.) and transfer massive shock, choice of a pistol caliber for shooting a person amped on adrenaline or drugs is irrelevant. Unless you hit the knee, hip or brain, you are not going to consistently put him down, especially with jacketed ammo.

If you read back in the past some very credible people, (like Jeff Cooper), have always propounded shot placement is as important as anything in stopping a threat.

9 pages of arguing with valid answers. rare does not equal valuable. The Chevy Chevette is a rare car with a diesel engine and running. This does not mean it is valuable. They no longer sell Browning Hi-Powers. This does not all of a sudden make them valuable. They just could not sell a $1200 .40 pistol in today's market. .40 is dying in popularity as police departments dump them and bullt technology improves it is left as an odd choice with no upside. Now if it was in .45 GAP we would be all over it, I would even trade my Chevette diesel.

I find this post hilarious. The old statement of whatever the market will bear, comes to mind. My personal feeling about this is if someone wants to buy the pistol, so what. It's his or her money and the 40 to me is just a lethal as any other round. How many Law enforcement agencies have this caliber? To each his own.
My new PPQ M1 classic should be coming the first of the week in 9mm. I prefer the M1 because I like the paddle mag release and the price was great.

Back
Top Bottom