• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Value on a M1 carbine help please

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
It's an inland receiver with a barrel that's says inland mfg and general motors 6-44 in pretty good shape not excellent but very good. I know this is vague but need help can't get pics.

My default price for Inlands is $750 in not import marked and decent ME 2 or less.

Underwoods: $850

IBM, NPM, Quality Hardware: $850-$950
Saginaw SG: : $950
Saginaw S'G' $1k
Standard Products: $1k
Winchester: $950-1k
Rockola: $1,100

Of course all matching adds some as well as all early features (flip rear sight, no bayonet lug barrel band, push button safety)

Manufacturers swapped parts so you'd have to look up each manufacturer on M1family.com like this one: Saginaw S'G': http://m1family.com/topic23.html

So you can see below that they got barrels from different manufacturers

Primary stock & hand guard supplier: Rock-Ola, Trimble Nursery and Irwin Furniture Co., Robert W. Irwin Co.

-Barrel suppliers: Underwood, Saginaw (S.G.), Rock-Ola, Inland and Buffalo Arms.

-Parts made directly by Saginaw (S'G'): Bolts, Receivers, slides, firing pins, safeties, magazine releases, extractors, hammers, triggers, trigger housings, gas pistons, gas nuts, gas cylinders, recoil plates, Rear sights.

All matching vs how it left the factory
:

****** There is a difference between an all matching carbine and how it left the factory, a lot of M1 Carbine contractors shipped parts to other Contractors. Just because its all matching doesn't necessary mean that is how it left the factory. So don't get super disappointing if your Carbine is not all matching, its possible its exactly how it was when it left the factory!!! An example say Underwood was low on sears, Inland would ship some Sears to them. Sometimes marked or unmarked. Here is some known shipments to Saginaw (S.G.), how ever there could be more shipments that occurred that are unknown but this is a good reference. (most parts were shipped together in groups, magazine catches with sears, etc)

Carbine chart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom