• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vandy and The Wussy Kicker

Why would you squib a kickoff to open the second half? It makes zero sense and was not a special play or historic in any way.

Imagine being upset at there not being enough penises on the field.
I could care less that she's on the field. I've been saying for years if a girl tries out and makes it good for her. But all this feel good bull**** and the SEC naming her the special teams player of the week when all she did was kicked a short squib kick during a blowout loss and she gave some kind of emotional speech to the locker room when she literally hasn't done **** for the team kind of irked me.

She needs to be treated the same as any other player. And if that was a male kicker there would be absolutely zero talk about SEC special teams player of the week.

I could care less that she's on the field. I've been saying for years if a girl tries out and makes it good for her. But all this feel good bull**** and the SEC naming her the special teams player of the week when all she did was kicked a short squib kick during a blowout loss and she gave some kind of emotional speech to the locker room when she literally hasn't done **** for the team kind of irked me.

She needs to be treated the same as any other player. And if that was a male kicker there would be absolutely zero talk about SEC special teams player of the week.
^^^^this

Why would you squib a kickoff to open the second half? It makes zero sense and was not a special play or historic in any way.
Slim chance you catch the receiving team off guard. Onside kick wouldve been a better option. Much like what that MAC team did at the start of a game.

sorry but I just can’t get outraged about a chick winning an award I dont even care about. South Carolina’s kicker totally sucked on Saturday night. Didn’t have the leg to get t he ball out the back of the end zone. Hell a few went out of bounds at the 20. Nobody started a thread about how bad that guy is. No we started a thread about a player, who happens to be the first female power 5 player in history, execution a play exactly as her coach told her to. Why is that?

sorry but I just can’t get outraged about a chick winning an award I dont even care about. South Carolina’s kicker totally sucked on Saturday night. Didn’t have the leg to get t he ball out the back of the end zone. Hell a few went out of bounds at the 20. Nobody started a thread about how bad that guy is. No we started a thread about a player, who happens to be the first female power 5 player in history, execution a play exactly as her coach told her to. Why is that?
Exactly, that's my point. He sucked and nobody talked about it. She sucked and got SEC special teams player of the week. And felt the need to give a feel good locker room speech for nothing. They played so terribly the coach got fired after the game.

Again, I'm completely OK with her playing, and think it's great she's the first female power 5 player in history. But let's let her earn her accolades on the field, not just give them to her because shes a girl.

“We need to be cheering each other on. This is how you win games. This is how you get better by calling each other out for stuff, and I’m going to call you guys out.”

From the back of the room “I’m calling you out, your kick sucked.”

Back
Top Bottom