• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vehicle hidden compartment

I read that it says its against the law for illegal purposes. Where did it say its against the law for legal purposes? Kinda stupid since if youre doing something illegal already, what does it matter other than sentencing.

This hidden compartment law is similar to the "drug paraphernalia" law.

If the popo thinks you are up to something, they can seize the contraband. I regularly have needles and syringes in my truck, I work out of my truck on the farm, and have need to use them with the animals.

Would that fly in Dekalb, Clayton, or Fulton counties if I would get stopped? Doubt it. Same for hidden compartment discovery on the side of the road in one of the commie counties.

Reactions: MRM
I AM a lawyer, and that Code section says that it only applies to compartments that either actually ARE used to hold contraband, or which the State can prove you INTENDED to use to smuggle contraband. Specific intent is not easy for the State to prove unless, well, unless you're really guilty and weren't careful about talking about cool your new meth-hiding box is. Under the right circumstances (and circumstantial evidence can be used to prove intent, even without incriminating admissions), you could get convicted even if there was no contraband in that hidden compartment when the cops discovered it.

I DON'T see any truly innocent person being charged under that law-- that's assuming you never carried drugs in there, never told people you did, never posted pics of your new hidden box on FaceBook and joked that you could fit 50 grand worth of cocaine in there, etc.
ah, the ol rock box.

Fact: Every hood rat with a draco posts it to social media.

This hidden compartment law is similar to the "drug paraphernalia" law.

If the popo thinks you are up to something, they can seize the contraband. I regularly have needles and syringes in my truck, I work out of my truck on the farm, and have need to use them with the animals.

Would that fly in Dekalb, Clayton, or Fulton counties if I would get stopped? Doubt it. Same for hidden compartment discovery on the side of the road in one of the commie counties.

Reckon if they saw my gun powder scale, it would be considered drug paraphernalia? After all, I do use it to weigh powder. But then again, I have probably 20 containers of gun powder within 10 feet of the scale and reloaded ammo everywhere.

If you have a "hidden" compartment and a firearm is stored in there that has not been stolen and you can legally own it, don't see how they could argue anything about it being illegal in court.

Wow learn new,stuff every day ! Here's a sad thing to know as a woman i live in metro Atlanta and i bought a house here in Lakewood when i moved from los Angeles California years ago but i never knew how horrible this place was. I had my cousin here visiting during christmas past (2016) and he was robbed at gunpoint broad daylight by a thug. Nothing he could do of course but if he would have been armed maybe but then again they never caught the guy ..never had a chance i bet so many thugs here in this city its amazing the jail doesnt hold 10k ! But i was told the neighborhood was ok and on the" comeup" viewed house in broad daylight bought it love it but hate tbe area...to the 10th power. I've had lawn equipment stolen whilst going to the store for water and back all of 5 minutes..They tried kicking my door in one night but burglar bar door stopped them! and a guy was murdered on my street 2weeks ago i mean sheesh if i have a firearm stash compartment in my Denali i have to now worry about the police seizing my truck ? I work very hard and as a woman i cant lie i dont need or want to have to worry about the law taking my stuff simply because i need to protect myself and the way i hide my protection from would be car burglars thieves and thugs shouldnt be there business nor am i happy to know this. Ugh

Wow learn new,stuff every day ! Here's a sad thing to know as a woman i live in metro Atlanta and i bought a house here in Lakewood when i moved from los Angeles California years ago but i never knew how horrible this place was. I had my cousin here visiting during christmas past (2016) and he was robbed at gunpoint broad daylight by a thug. Nothing he could do of course but if he would have been armed maybe but then again they never caught the guy ..never had a chance i bet so many thugs here in this city its amazing the jail doesnt hold 10k ! But i was told the neighborhood was ok and on the" comeup" viewed house in broad daylight bought it love it but hate tbe area...to the 10th power. I've had lawn equipment stolen whilst going to the store for water and back all of 5 minutes..They tried kicking my door in one night but burglar bar door stopped them! and a guy was murdered on my street 2weeks ago i mean sheesh if i have a firearm stash compartment in my Denali i have to now worry about the police seizing my truck ? I work very hard and as a woman i cant lie i dont need or want to have to worry about the law taking my stuff simply because i need to protect myself and the way i hide my protection from would be car burglars thieves and thugs shouldnt be there business nor am i happy to know this. Ugh
LA is the epitome of safety.

Back
Top Bottom