• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Venison Burgers Advice

I tried the advice of the first couple of post. I couldn't wait... They were great. Now I just need to try the rest. My wife liked this batch and said I am not allowed to share with you, Duck Lips. Sorry.

Mix some salt into the meat ,fry in bacon grease ,fry onions ,add sharp cheddar cheese .

Venison bacon onion cheeseburger :hungry:

I use an iron skillet and sear both sides ,then turn down low and cover to cook slow .:hungry:

I use the following recipe for them.

2 lbs deer burger
1 lb fresh pork sausage
1/4 cup Dales
3 eggs (beaten)
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers

Mix it all together and make your patties. Then refrigerate for one hour while getting the grill just right. 300 degrees and 8 minutes on either side.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I like to mix one Italian sausage with one lb. of venison. My venison is packaged with no fat.

Also, chop up some onions and add them, they will tighten the meat up too.

And finally, I've used olive oil, but you have to treat the burgers gently. If you add, make your burgers, and put them back into the refrig, and they will tighten up.

Glad I came across this thread. I like received some ground venison from a member and I haven't cooked deer before. My MIL prepared some Korean dishes that came out well, but I've never cooked venison before.

I wonder how it would be with some of my Dad's spicy pork sausage mixed in...:rolleyes:

Glad I came across this thread. I like received some ground venison from a member and I haven't cooked deer before. My MIL prepared some Korean dishes that came out well, but I've never cooked venison before.

I wonder how it would be with some of my Dad's spicy pork sausage mixed in...:rolleyes:

Great.

I think you will really like it that way. It gives just enough flavoring to the venison to make it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom