• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Venison italian soup

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
Now that the weather is finally starting to get cooler, I thought I'd share one of my favorite soup recipes. I found the original recipe on the internet and then made a few changes and this is the result.

1 lb ground venison 2 tsp dried oregano

1 large onion, chopped 1 tsp salt

1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes 2 tsp ground black pepper

1 (14.5 oz) can tomato sauce 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans

2 cups beef broth 1 (15 oz) can green beans (drained)

1 cup water 1.5 cups baby carrots, chopped

1 tbsp minced garlic 1.5 cups red potatoes, diced

2 tsp dried basil 1 (8.75 oz) can of corn (optional)

Brown venison, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, water, and spices. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 30 minutes.

Stir in vegetables and simmer for 90 minutes or longer if you prefer.

Top individual servings with grated cheese. (optional)

!!! This recipe is easily doubled to feed more people and is how I usually make it. If you intend to double it, make sure you have a large enough pot first. ALSO, if you intend to double this recipe, DO NOT DOUBLE THE DRIED BASIL OR THE DRIED OREGANO!!! At most, you should only use 3 tsp of basil and 3 tsp of oregano, if you are doubling everything else. !!!

Ground beef can be used instead of venison if you prefer or if venison isn’t an option. I also would not recommend using sweet onions.

^^^There is supposed to be two separate columns of ingredients, but it didn't maintain the spacing when I copy and pasted from MS Word.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom