• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vepr Ak vs DD AR

Jeddak Jeddak

From all apperances you have much more experience with the ak platform than i do. Which do you prefer for the "smaller" caliber akm 7.62 or 5.45

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
5.45 wil be a bit more accurate. Accuracy wise 5.45x39, as a caliber, is on par with 5.56 NATO, from what I have seen. 7.62x39 gives you more punch down range and the ban on Soviet surplus 5.45 ammo means we do not have acess to tumbling "poison pill" ammo that made 5.45 so effective in Afganistan.
I chose 7.62x39 for those reasons, plus there is US made ammo in that caliber, so if imports are banned via Executive Order, I still have AK food.
One of these days I will get an AR and see what the fuss is all about, but there are way too many rifles in 7.62x39 that I do not have and want, that I am content to stock up just on 7.62x39 ammo and AK mags.

Love my Vepr...

image.jpeg

Like alleycat alleycat said, I prefer mine in the 7.62x54R variety...

600yd Vepr.jpg

She'll put 'em in the black at 600 yards and I'm sure I could do better if I hadn't been using Kentucky windage on my scope...

What did you have?
I am looking for a picattiny side-rail mount for my Vepr. Any recommendations, besides Midwest Industries? Moved the POSP to the Arsenal and want to put put 3x9x40 Nikon on Vepr.

Back
Top Bottom