• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vertigo

Anyone experience vertigo? It hit me suddenly and ended up in the emergency room. I feel fine now, but my balance/equilibrium is way off. They gave me medicine for it but the dizzy feeling has not gone away. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get over this?
As I’ve gotten older it’s happened three or four times. I feel like I’m on a boat at sea. Lasts for a day or two. I just sit tight and take it easy now I know what it is. For me it’s clogged ears or something to do with my sinuses/allergies. No big deal since I got it checked out.

I don’t know about the Sermont Maneuver, but the Epley Maneuver can be performed without assistance. It’s easy to do, painless, and takes 1 minute to do and you could get lengthy relief. You should look into it. I’ve had vertigo for years and this helps about 90% of the time.

I've had it twice after sanctioned fights in which I was KOed. (Forgot I was on ODT) Always the next morning and scared me, lucky I have a sister that is an MD and she referred me to a couple of YouTube videos that showed exactly how to treat, better yet it worked. It is about crystals in the inner ear and it worked. Easy to find.

I did follow up w an MD and had CT scans and my sister was proven correct.

Anyone experience vertigo? It hit me suddenly and ended up in the emergency room. I feel fine now, but my balance/equilibrium is way off. They gave me medicine for it but the dizzy feeling has not gone away. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get over this?

I had a severe case of it in the Marines. My head was hurting and my balance was off. It got so bad, I decided to drive to the base ER at 3am. I got half way there and POP! The whole road turned sideways. I hit the breaks and stopped in the middle of a curve. Once everything settled down a bit, I made it too base.

Turned out it was caused by compounded ear wax deep in my ear. The pressure had built up and finally popped causing my equilibrium to go haywire. Loud noises (explosions, gun fire, music, etc) causes ear wax to get trapped and it can cause a blockage or infection. Once it's blocked, the fluid in your ear builds up and causes loss of balance. I think it's called Menere disease. Another symptom is Tinnitus and loss of hearing.

I suggest checking with your Doctor about doing a good cleaning. If it's not wax, you have a more severe condition like a Vestibular infection; which requires medication/ steroids. Could be a symptom of other medical conditions, like Hypertension.

Its the crystals, did you get diagnosed with labyrinthitis? Had issues few years back, thought I was done, out for couple weeks. was told about the crystals in the inner ear and needing to align them. few exercises and major difference. After 3 days I was good to go

Epely manuever
this. epley maneuver. I had some vertigo bad....like falling over and puking bad. this worked.

Back
Top Bottom