• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vet sues after his $700K gun collection is destroyed

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-after-lapd-destroys-his-700k-gun-collection/

The complaint alleging not just violations of U.S. civil rights law, but also violation of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, under the theory that the firearms were destroyed to show that “the City’s Gun Unit was being sufficiently effective in using federal grant money to keep guns ‘off the streets’….”

It’s an interesting theory. RICO provides additional penalties and causes of action against criminal acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. It was intended to assist in the prosecution of criminal gangs (i.e., the Mafia) but it has been applied to many organizations deemed to be criminal enterprises in the past including, interestingly enough, the Key West, Florida police department.

What will happen if the corrupt officials are able to be punished for their unconstitutional insults against the people???

Lol, rico only applies to us lowly citizens

Departments colluding to strip away rights is referred to as "business as usual".

Reallyhis own fault for living in cali

Lol, rico only applies to us lowly citizens

Departments colluding to strip away rights is referred to as "business as usual".

Reallyhis own fault for living in cali

They applied it to these Florida LEO's: http://openjurist.org/837/f2d/1509

It's interesting how the plaintiff, the Vet's lawyer attempts makes a case based upon a corrupt group of politicians taking federal money to get guns off the streets, destroying legal guns to obtain the funding.

If it is successful I will be laughing my butt off at these California elitist who consider themselves above the law and nannys to the poor dumb, ignorant, common folk too stupid to be entrusted with a guns in public...

Back
Top Bottom