• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran discount at Home Depot

Mk319

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
I’ve been buying from them for years with no problem getting the discount, then a couple of months ago I had one cashier tell me that I couldn’t use it unless I installed their app on my phone. When I replied that my phone couldn’t install the app she still flatly refused to give the discount without it. It pissed me off enough I just left what I was going to buy with her and walked out. Life‘s to short. The next time in a because I had forgotten the episode she wasn’t working and I had no problems just showing my ID like always, and everytime since no problems. Then yesterday I get the same APP bs from a different cashier, with the it’s not my fault it’s from corporate line. I was in a hurry and didn’t feel like going to another store so I just picked the box of nails I was buying up and walked down to the contractor checkout and amazingly had no problems getting the discount with my ID just like always and no mention of needing the app. Anyone else run into this?

I go to Lowes now. You send them a copy of your 214 and you just give them your phone number and flash your dl for name confirmation.
I later found out about the HD rule change. I haven't played that game.
My wife sent in my stuff to lowes because it pissed me off.
ACE still lets me flash the I'd.
That's where I went today.

Back
Top Bottom